Wilson Snaffles....Tiny WEENY ones.... Where can I find them please??

Kis Vihar

Nutty Saddlers !
Hi

Our friends at the Hungarian riding school have recently aquired 2 TINY ponies, intended for driving. :) They are only young, 3 years old, and VERY underweight, with various veterinary/farriery problems. They are 'Welsh Sec A' type - so not 'tiny' like a mini-shetland - they are just .... VERY small and thin!

They are very lucky little ponies, as they faced almost certain death, before our friends rescued them. :eek:

The owner knows it will be a long time before they are fit enough and healthy enough to drive, and he will wait as long as necessary. We are currently altering harnesses to fit to them for when they are healthy, but we can't find any small Wilson Snaffles! One of them needs a 4" bit, the other a 4 1/2" bit. (perferably 4 1/4" but I don't think they make this size anymore! :rolleyes:)

Obviously this isn't a huge urgent rush to get the bits as it will be a while before they will be in harness.

I just wondered if anyone here who drives, knows where we can get tiny Wilson Snaffles for these ponies. Second hand would be great, as these little ponies have already cost the new owner a lot of money since he got them, and money is tight;)!

I appreciate any help! Thanks everyone. :D

I get mine From my bit supplier, British Stainless steel, so sadly not cheap. Places like Dinky Rugs sell cheap ones I think.

newrider.com