Will this rain ever stop?

Zingy

Nov 18, 2001
Visit site
Seems like it can only manage a maximum of about 5 minutes in between rainings at the moment. For the last 3 or 4 months now I've had a duck pond in the field, frequently with resident ducks - anywhere between 2 and 15 of them! The mud is getting ridiculous and the ponies are unimpressed to say the least. Rice would be a serious contender for growing, far better than grass.

I'm so looking forward to the 2 dry weeks in about May. If I'm really lucky I'll get a few days where I don't need wellies on in the field.

Lordy i know how you feel ... my 2 need water wings, and on a scale of 1 -10 i`m about a 90 in the hacked off stakes .... Got soaked again today, and found out in the worst way that my wellies now leak **squelsh** .. *sigh*

I just keep telling myself that the nights are drawing out, and it`ll not be long till i`m moaning about the flies instead :giggle:

I'm getting really fed up with mud too. I hate slipping and sliding and poor Harvey never knows how far his feet are going to sink in - he's treading very carefully these days! I think Grace used to be grey down to her hooves - but I haven't seen any white below her knees for months.

it's only a couple of months since the words "Drought" were being mentioned in parts of the country.. Now if our council (High Peak) complain about the lack of water by July, i'll be asking them what happened to all that rain back in December? Their answer will probably be "It's the wrong kind"..

I hate the mud and rain too!!! Poor Storm thought I was doing some sort of weird dance routine today when I went to feych her in!! The mud is lethal tho and I almost tumbled over - she did give me a strange look as I grappled fresh air to regain balance....
I have a flooded bit outside of the stables - just hope thw water goes down a bit otherwise I'll be finding them knee deep in water by tomorrow....
I'd give almost anything for some dry still weather!!!

You are not alone so dont get to down about it i have had to buy my little shetland water wings. Unfortunately the medium range forecast is for more of the same throughout January [sorry].

newrider.com