Will a pulled mane grow back - highland pony

liz4855

Foxy Liz
Sep 23, 2007
Scotland
I'm going to see a 4yo tomorrow - looks as if his mane has been pulled not ultra short but not highland length - will it grow back to a long highland mane and how long will this take?
Thanks xxx

My 3 year old rubbed a patch about 3 inches long out of his mane late last summer. It has grown back to the same length as the rest already! Hope that gives you some hope :)

My HiPo rubbed a large chunk of mane off last Summer. It's not caught up with the rest of his mane yet, but it's probably approaching half-way there now. Last time he was minus a lot of mane (because someone was eating it...) he grew it back in just over a year.

I've got one with a definitely patchy mane :rolleyes: He rubs it from about halfway down his neck to his withers, so it's short and straggly at the bottom, then really long and thick further up :eek: I do wonder if it's mild sweet itch.

we loan a highland pony from happa, and she came to us in march with a hogged mane, and no tail from sweet itch, she now has about 3 inches in2 and half months, we use tailgator conditioner and she has flax oil in her feed to help0 it grow. you can show them with pulled manes now too!!

Mine rubs his mane away by mid summer, then I hog because it looks so awful with missing patches.

It grows through winter and is about 9 inches long by beginning of summer, then we go through the whole process again, rubbing away and hogging again.

Dont worry it will soon grow back.

newrider.com