Wife's Birthday Riding Boots

BenFerman

Sep 2, 2021
Apologies in advance, I know nothing about horses however my wife did/does.
She used to ride and have her own horse 20 or so years ago (before we met).
Marriage, kids, work, moving areas etc and its all a distant memory however since our daughter started to ride, this has reignited her fond memories she had and I have booked her a lesson come her birthday in 2 weeks time.

Whilst the lesson is booked, she does not have any riding boots!
I have had a quick search on line and the Dublin Waterproof River Boots looks good however again I have no idea.
Max budget is £150, any suggestions please?

carthorse

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
Seriously, tell her in advance and arrange a shopping trip with her. The fit matters so far better for her to try some on and decide what she likes. I know that means they won't be a surprise on her birthday, but think of the fun she'll have looking and choosing!

BenFerman

Sep 2, 2021
Seriously, tell her in advance and arrange a shopping trip with her. The fit matters so far better for her to try some on and decide what she likes. I know that means they won't be a surprise on her birthday, but think of the fun she'll have looking and choosing!
Thank you for the advise. Any recommendations in London (ideally north east) as to where best to go Horse riding boots shopping?

carthorse

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
Sorry that's not an area I know at all. You say your daughter already has lessons, so why not ring up the school and ask if there's anywhere they'd recommend?

Reactions: BenFerman

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Can't add to the above suggestions, but what a lovely idea, the lesson for her birthday!

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
The Dublin River Boots are quite bulky to ride in. I would recommend a more traditional long riding boot. In my opinion, Ariat boots are the best quality and fit but you won't find any for £150 or less. I have also quite liked the mountain horse boots - something like this might suit: https://www.horze.co.uk/riding-boot...winter-high-rider-boot-rp/39055.html#color=BL

I would buy them as a surprise and send them back or exchange if they don't fit. I would love my husband to buy me a surprise pair of boots.

Reactions: Trewsers

GaryB

Mar 23, 2015
Just a thought - if you go for some country style boots that are suitable for riding she can still find a use for them if she doesn't continue riding for any reason...

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
I should have said that I have Ariat Grasmere boots. I've used them for 8 years and they are super comfortable and practical and being a "country boot" I can wear them into town as well. They are pricey, though! Before that I had a similar type, the Dublin Pinnacles, and they were also good. I just got bought the Ariats as a present. By my husband ;)

Reactions: GaryB

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Yep I love my Dublin pinnacles and live in them. Have several pairs and I can ride in them (not that that happens right often!) or wear them about the yard. They helped heal my feet from the awful plantar fasciitis too, they really cured it, I'd had it for almost a year! So yeah, pinnacles rule.

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
I should have said that I have Ariat Grasmere boots. I've used them for 8 years and they are super comfortable and practical and being a "country boot" I can wear them into town as well. They are pricey, though! Before that I had a similar type, the Dublin Pinnacles, and they were also good. I just got bought the Ariats as a present. By my husband ;)
I love my Grasmeres, have lived in them for 10 years. They typically last a couple of years but with daily use I don’t think that is too bad.

GaryB

Mar 23, 2015
If the profile is correct the OP has not been back since 2 hours after posting the original question so we might be wasting our time replying. I spent over an hour replying to a PM a while back about my lorry and the person asking the question didn't even read never mind reply :(

• Sad

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
If the profile is correct the OP has not been back since 2 hours after posting the original question so we might be wasting our time replying. I spent over an hour replying to a PM a while back about my lorry and the person asking the question didn't even read never mind reply :(
How annoying!