Wide pony rugs

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
Hi as you may or may not know posy is approx 13hh and in a 5'3 however she has a cracking set of shoulders on her, Ive now accumulating a small collection of rugs that Im not quite happy with the fit. Has anyone any advice on what would suit a wide chested 13hh pony, I do prefer rugs also with a shoulder pleat in to.

Thanks muchly!

my little highland that i sold last year was 13hh and in a 5ft6 - 5ft9 rug. Tbh I found the cheap Gallop ones off ebay were great!

I found Amigo worked well for us. It looks narrow but somehow the shape worked.

The Masta stable rug when she was unwell fitted like a glove. I tried stuffing her in it afterwards ;) haven't found a bigger size either, in case.

Reactions: Gimp
Jess is broard chested, I like the amigo or weatherbeeta freestyles on her, most others I find the neck hole just gets bigger then it pulls back and rubs.

Reactions: Gimp
thats exactly the problem Im having Jessey! I tried my friends 5'6 on her but like you say the neck hole to big and just slides back/gapes as she has such a small neck to!

Reactions: Jessey
having a ebay hunt cheers. Friend is also having a dig round her place she thinks she has a stash of 5'3 rugs. Hopefully something will fit! On the plus side I have a good pile of rugs we can use as spare parts lol!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com