WI results (on proper scales) Guess :)

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
Here is the lad himself :
IMG_1180.jpg

We took him to the weigh bridge this morning and got proper results, how much do you think he is ?

Oh and to the weigh tape there is signficant difference !

Virtual chocolate muffin for the correct result :happy:

Oh wow, he's a lovely chunky sort (my favourite!) Before I commit myself to some ridiculous guess (and I hope he won't take any offence if I'm over, as I have little experience of this!) how tall is he?

Nope !

Correct weight : 660kg !
thud.gif

Weigh tape (this was done by 2 ppl and a vet just to make sure I wasn't being thick when I did it) :unsure: 590kg

Given the difference in weigh tape, and how easy it was to chuck him on the trailer and go do it, I'll be relying on the actual Council scales if I want a real answer. I was quite shocked at the difference.

Last edited:
How much bone has he? Lovely looking lad.

I don't know of a weighbridge near me but Id be v interested to check my lad's real weight. What did the vet say he should weigh or have you not asked? (Mine's never said apart from saying he looks in good condition:confused:)

He weightapes at about 500-530 depending on the time of year and is 15hh, 9.5 inches of bone. I bet he's loads more than that really!

He's got 11.5 inches of bone. Not sure if that's a LW, MW or HW :confused:

When the vet saw him last he said he was a tad overweight but in generally good condition and happy given that he is not on restricted grazing, earlier in the year when he saw him though he was heavier ! :eek:

I weighed my horse my weight tape and he came in at 500kg.. so he's probably closer to 600! My vet says he looks great though, so no diet needed:happy:

Last edited:
He's got 11.5 inches of bone. Not sure if that's a LW, MW or HW :confused:

When the vet saw him last he said he was a tad overweight but in generally good condition and happy given that he is not on restricted grazing, earlier in the year when he saw him though he was heavier ! :eek:

Proper HW, in that case! Mine's on the cusp between mw + hw.

Interesting result, and not the first time I've heard a weighbridge weight come in at quite a bit more than the weigh tape :)

That is a bit of a difference, lovely horse too!!

Out of interest do you have to pay to use a weighbridge? We have one near us but have no idea how to go about it!

Nope totally and utterly free, as I used the council's one.

Just drove on and there was a counter there displaying weight, simple ! :)

The place where I work has a weigh bridge as they weigh the wagons and suppliers (sugar, syrup etc.) But I doubt they'd let a horse owner use it as the horse might do a lovely pile on the yard and it wouldn't be very hygenic in a food factory:redface:

Nope totally and utterly free, as I used the council's one.

Just drove on and there was a counter there displaying weight, simple ! :)

Thanks :biggrin: I saw a sign the other day saying public weighbridge so assuming I can use that one.

I take it I'd have to weigh the car and trailer and then go a different time with pony loaded lol.

newrider.com