Why you should always go with your gut instincts...

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
When Inca was born, I wanted to call her Jinx.....and I really should have done!!!!!!!!!!!!

A summary of Inca's life so far:

- Born on 13th June...the only night I wasn't there that week (hence the wanting to call her Jinx)
- Seriously ill from 2-6 months old, lots of colic and various spells of box rest. Turned out to be an abcess in her hindquarters.
- As a yearling got badly stuck in the electric fencing and ended up back on box rest as the wound went a bit manky.
- Two years old, thankfully not much by way of injury but got very badly bullied in the field.
- Three years old onwards, started getting bad gland swellings when out in the field.

She also suffers from Sweet Itch type symptoms and today came in with a swollen, gunky eye.

The poor pony has spent half her time either ill, injured or looking like Quasimodo!!!!!!! :redcarded:

You do realise of course that you are jinxing her even more by writing it down:frown::giggle:

Poor girlie,hope she has a better run of luck soon and that her eye settles down.

She will come right - probably after this run of bad luck won't have another injury for the next 20 years - fingers crossed

Awh bless, I guess some horses are just set out to be a bit more delicate than others. Am sure Bella is going to make up for it by being a 'wee' bruiser!
Reminds me of myself as a kid. I was known as an accident looking for a place to happen. Split my chin open twice, got sewing machine needle wedged in my ankle (how I don't know) and got run over (very unspectacularly in a caravan site at about 2mph). I grew out of it *runs to touch some wood*. Am sure Inca will do the same as she gets older and her immune system strengthens. Maybe now you're all settled, she can settle as well. Hope she's feeling better soon.

Bless her, she just gets all the bad luck!!

Sjp1, I really hope you're right and that she's had her run of being poorly all the time!

Newforest, I can't actually remember how I came up with Inca... I have a feeling it was thinking along the lines of names that went with her colour and Ink reminded me of Inca. She's known as Stinker most of the time anyway :giggle:

FM, That is awful luck you've had!! Glad to hear you managed to shake it off!!

Thankfully the little lady's eye was much better today, I bathed it last night which seemed to help.

Aw, I think they go thro stages with injuries etc but sounds like she has had more than her share.

Bathe her eye with cold tea B n P it's amazing stuff but don't quite know WHY it works lol x

I second the tea bag. It works really well:smile:

Mine had gland swelling in summer for a couple of years running, I don't know what caused it, must have been some pollen or other. They were fine in themselves and vet said it was nothing serious. I haven't had it in recent years. Maybe soak the hay if you feed it.

Inca is much nicer than Jinx lol I would stick with that:smile:

Tea is great stuff isn't it! I used it when she came in that evening, bathed it with warm water first to get all the gunk off from round her eye, then did the tea - right as rain the next morning!

She is just such a little spesh, if something is going to happen to any of them, it'll be her!

Tina - I think with her glands it was because they were in a very sparse field so the dust was aggravating them. She hasn't had it all this year!

newrider.com