Why I love this forum

fairlady

Jul 14, 2007
Bristol
Looking thro' the Posts this week makes me realise WHY I love this site
so much.:wub:

From Deefa's lovely pics of her dogs stretched out by her wonderful open fire, Trewsers post about feeling a 'fake' which raised a smile or TWO:mstickle:

The 'hints' and excitment about Secret Santa:dance: To the Sofa, where
people are concerned about Lauren123's illness.

You then move on to some more 'serious issues' and offer advice as and
where you think you maybe able to help, or just to offer support..........and if you have a problem yourself, you just KNOW you are going to get some
advice and that somebody, somewhere is trying to help you xxx

LOVE IT xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I love this forum too - nobody judges, and even if we can't help each other in a practical sense, I get an awful lot of support through the posts that I make, and hope that others know I enjoy reading theirs too and even if it is just sending good vibes - I hope it makes a difference!

I am travelling and working away from home a lot at the moment. It's ok but not my favourite part of what I do. It's lovely to get onto my laptop in the evening and find everyone here, it's a real touchstone of consistency!

I love this place too. I've always said the majority of horsey people are bitchy and not nice. But this place has shown me that isn't the case. It couldn't be more friendly :)

Thanks to the people running the site and to all the posters.

Its strange, I don't actually KNOW any of you, other than one or two
I have met, personally, but you get INVOLVED:smile:

I know my heart was in my mouth when I read Trixie's post 'COLIC' because
I knew it was the one thing she was absolutely DREADING and I couldn't stop thinking about them and wondering how they were doing.:smile:

I 'felt' for Ladywiththebaby and the problems she was having and admired her decision to attempt to sort the problems out, I then read that Hetty was going back and realised how hard that must have been for her to come
to that decision. On the other hand, I now 'look forward' to hearing she
has found something suitable and the fun she is going to have when she
gets the 'right' Horse.

I was sort of 99% sure that when I asked if somebody could make me a set of Rhythm Beads, somebody WOULD, and lo and behold
Laceyfreckle is gonna make me some (incidently LF have got the measurements and will PM you):wink:

Western Saddler offered me some wonderful advice regarding the fitting
of my 'BLING' Western Saddle which has been invaluable, because I
didn't have a CLUE:happy:

Hubby MOANS sometimes, lol, about the amount of time I spend on here
but he just doesn't 'GET IT' lol.:smile:

Last edited:
I was just sifting through a very old thread that was put up (and closed!) before the subscription started - and OMG, some peope on here were awful. Causing trouble for the sake of it, being rude because they could and generally being immature and causing trouble.

The forum is lovely now and hosts so much invaluable information. I think we're really luck :happy:

Totally agree Roxy, I too think we are lucky! And I also think that a few years ago it was a different place (not all bad I have to say) but I think there was a need to "tread carefully" at times......now it is much more supportive.

I 'felt' for Ladywiththebaby and the problems she was having and admired her decision to attempt to sort the problems out, I then read that Hetty was going back and realised how hard that must have been for her to come
to that decision. On the other hand, I now 'look forward' to hearing she
has found something suitable and the fun she is going to have when she
gets the 'right' Horse.

Hubby MOANS sometimes, lol, about the amount of time I spend on here
but he just doesn't 'GET IT' lol.:smile:

Oh thank you Fairlady. I was in two minds about posting as I didn't really need any advice and was wondering if anyone would really be that interested - and I have been blown away by the replies I've had! I was considering not renewing my subscription - particularly as I now don't have a horse - but couldn't resist and renewed last night!

And my husband would completely agree with yours!!! :wink:

Couldn't agree more... I don't actually post that much, but I know if I need any advice all I need do is ask and I always get a reply, most of which are so helpful... I also like reading others posts.. as it makes me feel i'm 'normal' knowing anything you may be going through ... horsey wise.. someone somewhere has already been there and come through... be it feed wise, health wise.. etc etc...

I do try to give an opinon and add a little wisdom when needed... :unsure:

Totally agree with what has been said! Nothing to add but thought i would put my agreement on. lol :mstickle:

Looking after horses, earning a crust, running a home.....whatever. Its time consuming, and yet you wonderful people still make time to help others with much needed advice and support. In this new era of "self first" it just goes to show, there ARE still some terrific people out there!

I really enjoy reading about those of you that have horses your highs and lows. Other topics that aren't horse related, different opinions on different topics. Photos whether horses or other animals. Personal stories good or bad and the great advice that others give. General good natured feel of the whole forum.

I love that I go "Oh no! What do I do?!" *cue panic* *cue post* *cue replies*

I love having a wide range of knowledge that always helps wherever it can :D

I am very much a novice owner, and even 18months down the line have those "first panics" still!

Thanks all :)

Looking after horses, earning a crust, running a home.....whatever. Its time consuming, and yet you wonderful people still make time to help others with much needed advice and support. In this new era of "self first" it just goes to show, there ARE still some terrific people out there!

A newbie!:dance: Hi there :wavespin: Oh, and I've noticed quite a few lately, so hello to you all:twins:

newrider.com