why I brave the snow everyday

K

kturner

Look at that innocent little face. :D

Dislocated my knee yesterday morning and still walked there today with it all strapped. How could I miss out seeing him?

PICT0002.jpg

Picture a bit small will upload it to photobucket.

Last edited by a moderator:
About quaqrter mile each way. It often comes out because the ligaments snapped 13yrs ago. Dog ran into side of knee at full speed. Once it is back in it just needs a brace for a week or so to keep it there. Nothing will stop me getting to him. I even bought a mobility scooter recently when my gall bladder was so swollen I couldnt walk. That came out in December...so cant wait for snow to melt so I can ride again. Here is a cropped pic. I moved house last year to be closer as my health is always up and down, was very glad today.

snow2010-1.jpg

Well thats a LONG way with a strapped up knee IMO!!:eek:

slightly off topic and might be assuming things here - but about 10 years ago I had very up and down health - after 5 years my GP here sent me into emergency and they removed my gall bladder (undiagnosed by my previous GP:rolleyes:) within 6 months my health had improved dramatically. All those minor ups and downs just disappeared:confused: and felt like a new person - do so hope that you will find the same improvement that I did?:)

Once it is back in cant feel any pain. Just a bit of swelling. It just needs to stay put for a while. Trick is to shove it back immediately whilst you are still swearing and sweating or you never will. It even comes out when I turn over in bed sometimes. Used to it now.

Only managed to get that one pic today, but will get more in a few days when I can balance better, maybe a vid as well.:D

Cortrasna - you are absolutely right. I must have hd it for years, there were over a hundred stones and my bras wouldnt go round my ribs anymore and I had a permanent temperature for 6 mnths waiting for op date. Got cancelled 3 times but they did it on 4th date. I feel , now recovered a little, 1000 times better than I have for years. He said it was like a bag of gravel, lots of little ones and biggest 2cm. Well at least that pain has stopped now. I think they had been misdiagnosing my back and shoulder paid for years. I lost 2 stone and was 58kgs and could only eat ginger biscuits twice a day at the end.

How long did it take to get back to 'normal'? It was taken out 3rd Dec. It affected my liver and I have to have liver test at end of Jan, is that standard procedure?

Id say give yourself 6 months and you will look back and wont be able to believe just how awful you felt!!! I was treated for stomach ulcers, stress :)rolleyes: yeah right think we all have that) rheumatism(sp) you name it they said that was my problem. collapsed one Sunday afternoon in agony and gp sent me straight in - gall bladder out Monday and NO PAIN!!!!!

Same as you - no big dramatic ones but enough little bits of gravel to fill a sack!!!:D When I was in emergency they asked if I was a heavy drinker because I was yellow and my liver was severely enlarged - said No just a tippler now and then but dont think they believed me:eek: Turned out that it was all to do with the gall bladder not working and the bile not being tracted away from my poor old liver! So the liver test a few weeks later (I think not a medical expert) is a pretty standard 'just in case' thing.

Dont worry about it - just look forward to a summer of good health and good fun;):)

I am looking forward to a lovely summer of riding as much as I can. Only got to go on 3 times this last summer and now I am getting better the snow arrived and messed up knee again. Will just have to do sitting trot for a while. Doc said no riding for 3 months after gall bladder op anyway, so that is end of Feb. Hope it has stopped snowing by then. Will get daughter over to ride him first as he can get a bit loopy if not ridden much, he just gets too happy.:D I think we both will this year.

PS Never touch a drop so caused by gallbladder not drink.

newrider.com