Why Can't I Find A Sharer? Totally Broke and In Desperate Need of Help!!!

It's much better to have a face to face meet rather than interviewing them over the phone. Maybe offer to meet them at a local yard where you can both go on a hack. For £20 or so each it would be worth it, you can have a chat, see how they are around horses in general, see them riding and get an overall picture of them. Then if you are comfortable with them invite them to come and meet your horse.

Where abouts are you?

Sharing is such a difficult situation. This is a bit radical but if you are totally broke, why don't you consider loaning out your mare for a few months - that way you will be able to sort out your finances and not have the worry of additional costs over winter? It will take the immediate pressure off you. You will probably be swamped with people looking for a full loan. If you advertise that she has to be within say, half an hour or 45 mins of where you live, it still means that you can travel fairly easily to see her and check on her......:)

What are you asking on the phone? Why aren't the people who phoned suitable? What are you asking in return for a part-share? I would suggest you ask them to visit you and your mare, assess their capabilities on your horse and go from there. You might even want to offer them riding lessons if you feel their riding skills aren't yet up to the challenge.

A lot of people who share - like when I did - are looking for total experience of looking after and riding a horse as stepping stone to owning. So no stable chores would have out me off calling - I wanted to poo pick,muck out, feed, groom, fill haynets, turnout, clean tack etc etc not just to ride.

Just something to bear in mind :)

Ok its something I will consider, she lives out anyway so would only be poo picking! would it put you off if you had to pay as well?

No - I was happy to pay. I did ride too - but I wouldn't have wanted to just turn up and ride.

I shared same pony for 2 years before I got my own, the right person is out there!

Ok its something I will consider, she lives out anyway so would only be poo picking! would it put you off if you had to pay as well?

it might just be me but the bit about big scoopey jump and bsja would put a few people off, as you said you have had soundness issues i am guessing she has been off jumping for awhile, as a confident rider if i was to look at the ad i would not of called just because of the jumping bit, dont get me wrong i jump, do dressage and xc.

i would definate angle it towards the gaining experience so stables mucking out, and all the dirty stuff that comes with owning a horse especially stuff like lifting rubber matting yuck!!!!!!!

I don't know for sure, but it looks too good to be true. You seem so keen to put forward all the horse's fine points that the overall picture is lost.
You would probably get more calls with less information.

I'm not saying go so far as
My horse is an absolute angel, everyone who rides her adores her. I can't advertise her as a novice ride, because as she gets to know you she will start to rip the p*ss out of you!!
but if you offer no faults, people tend to imagine them.
even
Loves to Gallop but alway pulls up
can be misinterpreted as unsoundness as opposed to good brakes.

I think you would be better off with

Please email [link] for more details.
than
please e-mail [link] for further info!!

I'd say you're asking too much. You're almost asking people to pay £10 a day as seeing as money is a bit of a luxury these days there are plenty of adverts out there for £10-£20 a week which people will go for first.

I would also mention in the advert if the sharer can compete the horse, and if transport is available to shows.

newrider.com