Why are these such a bargain??

ellasma

LEFT
Jul 5, 2008
I've just ordered these from an internet website and I don't know whether to be excited that they're so cheap or worried that there must be something wrong with them! They were £29 including postage! It's a proper saddlery site, not an auction site. They are Shires Charlbury boots, leather and suitable for riding. They usually cost £80 so don't know why they are in the sale - does anyone have them? Are they ok? Have I really got a bargain!??

Attachments

• Boots.jpg
    Boots.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 43
No idea about those boots, but from that price I'm guessing they've come from Barnstormers?
I get my jodhs from them and other random bits and bobs - they do get some amazing deals on clearance stuff, and all the Shires products I've had have been good quality, so it looks like you've got yourself a genuine bargain:)

Yes they are from Barnstormers!! Glad you've used them before and that they're ok. Was worried they might be one of those internet companies that sell cheap then give you nothing but aggro. Just have to hope they fit now :D

Yeah I did think the colour might be a bit 'in your face' but once they're covered in poo it won't matter :D:D

Oh wow! I so fancied a pair of those - I asked on here for anybody's experience of the Charleburys but nobody appeared to have them! Let me know how they fit - I really liked the look of them but I have quite chunky legs.

Well I've got skinny legs (my boots always look like I'm standing in buckets :D) so I asked about the fitting and was told that they are fully adjusable so fit narrow and wide calves. Once I've got them I'll measure how wide they go and let you know ;)

newrider.com