Why are there so many ways to do everything?

Bronya

Jan 17, 2006
It is so confusing! I'll see one method in a demo, be told another by my instructor, and yet another by my YO - all for the same thing! All their methods seem to work for them, and from instructor/YO's point of view, only their method is right! Everyone agrees on basic riding - up to a point, but from there on, it seems to be a free for all!

It's hard for pony and I to choose the method that works best for us, because then someone will be offended/think we're doing it wrong, whatever we do! How frustrating!!!!!

hi,I know exactly what you mean. I have been there so many times! I have finally chosen a way I want to train my horse which is a bit of a mixture of what already works and what makes sense to me (IH, NH western type). Another thing I find is that if you are looking for a trainer/farrier/vet/saddler etc. and you choose someone, there will always be someone who will say - you don't want to use them and give you their particular horror story. I have found out that the best thing is to go by your own experience in the matter. I have been told not to use the vets or saddlers I use but I have had no problems whatsoever and they have both been really helpful to me. I think it happens in all walks of life!

Mainly because both horses and riders are individual and what works has to be for that particular partnership.
Trust me it gets even more confusing if you have 2 very different horses :eek:

Totally agree with DavidH :)

newrider.com