Whoops I did it again! Hurrah!!!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I promise to post ear-shots if I manage it again tomorrow, but just wanted to share this (again!) made it up to the top and a bit further this morning on Storm and it was misty and she never even snorted!!!! Chloe was wondering where she'd gone, but was okay - OH stayed with her in her stable, apparently she looked most pleased when she could see us again!lol.
I don't know where this has come from but please (if there is a god of horse riders) let it stay for the summer................Just had to share. Oh, and there were two renegade sheep hanging around and a pheasant, but neither of them even merited a look! Gosh, I am so pleased with her right now.

Wow - are you sure you're feeling alright? Spring has got into your blood woman! I'm seriously impressed with the new, confident you and the new chilled out Storm too.

Go girls! :bounce:

Thank you!lol, I don't know what has come over me, (well, I do a little bit!) I might have mentioned a while back Mr T and I were looking through old videos of my riding Joe, way back when...........and you know, he kinda shamed me into being confident again if that makes sense!lol, I used to think nothing of tacking up Joe (potty old tb) and taking him for a ride on my own (only in the school) and there was a vid of me cantering round laughing on Storm and I just thought "what on earth has it come to"? You know, I thought this day would never come back, but whilst its here I'm going to enjoy!!!

Thanks for your replies, it means a lot to me to be able to tell somebody ! (Mr T is the only other person who understands!!!). Definitely going to take the iphone tomorrow (weather permitting!). It is my day off too, so hoping to go a bit further and not have to rush. Darn it all, this morning I had to come to work.........I should be out hacking lol.

Well done, you should feel very proud of yourself. :bounce: I've had riding nerves too, and it takes a lot to overcome them. There's nothing like the feeling of doing something you're scared of to give you a real boost, is there?

I hope this is the first of many lovely hacks, and I'm sure you'll soon look back and wonder what all the worry was about.

Good on you!!

I've noticed a huge difference in Bob since I started getting my confidence back. Last year he was spooky, always fresh, didn't want to leave the yard on his own. Fast forward to know and he's happy to go pretty much anywhere with me and is so relaxed. I feel bad now for putting him through all of my nervousness...he clearly takes so much from how I am feeling and the poor thing was constantly on edge worried because I was crapping myself. I am so determined for us both but particularly him that we don't go back to the old days. He's such a happy boy and he deserves a happy relaxed life :) :)

...Lets just hope the Spring grass doesn't change things !

I think they definitely take a lot from us - Storm is a different horse altogether if you are relaxed - she can still spook of course (can't they all?!) but on the whole she is quite the bold pony given a calm rider. Not saying I still don't get tense, specially when that neck goes rigid (she's usually spotted something like a bird in the distance or even a deer!) but on the whole if I am calmer she is loads better.

:bounce: Really happy for you, i can feel the happy vibe from your post, it shines through ... as you say, long may it continue. It`s also great the Chloe is so chilled about it :happy:

Well done Trewsers and Storm too :dance: If you get a bit further tomorrow the that's grand but if the weathers pants or you change your mind, there's always another day:biggrin:

Well done Trewsers and Storm too :dance: If you get a bit further tomorrow the that's grand but if the weathers pants or you change your mind, there's always another day:biggrin:

Thanks! I really feel un-pressured now if you know what I mean! Last year I really put pressure on - even in bad weather etc and ended up getting nowhere.

Having said that this mornin I felt bold as brass even tho it was misty! Will be posting ear shots tomorrow!!! Btw, how come you peeps on here are so good at those?! I took several rather wobbly picslol!!

Fantastic news!!! There is something in the air just now! Maybe its because of the milder weather - everyone can't wait to get back out there!

keep it up Trewsers!! So pleased for you!

Setting off:

(Excuse the mud left in her mane - I did my best to get it all out!)

IMG_0414.jpg

Sorry if these piccies are huge - I will try and make them smaller next time!lol
Here she is pushing the school gate open (or trying to!)

IMG_0415.jpg

Making our way up the road (I know these aren't the best pictures, but it was so hard to hold the reins and the iphone in the other!)

IMG_0417.jpg

newrider.com