Who is showing this year and when are you starting your preps for the season?

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
Puzzle's tailbag is on!!!!!

Her tail got a good soak and wash today then on went the tailbag!

I'm hoping our first show will be 27th March at Pachesham in Surrey as they have VHS qualifiers, just need to sort the transport out but I really can't wait :dance:

I have found an indoor hairy horses show I want to go to at the end of March. Just got to sort out transport. :) I will be preparing a week or so before I think. But started fitness regime a few weeks ago. This weekend ruined it though. I literally couldn't walk today in the wind so didn't ride :furious:

Btw.... erm... what do you mean by tailbag?

ME!
Yes, Flip and I will be out on the circuit this year, hoping to dazzle at our one specially made class (Heavy Horse in hand) in the one show that is taking place courtesy of my mate in the field near us. This will be the only occasion that I wash my horse this year and I am absolutely dreading the whole experience. Fingers crossed we get a rosette, only four entered last year so think we're in with a chance.:wink:

Show season this year doesn't start until may round here (well to the ones I can get to anyway!!) so the oil for coats will be out around march and baths around April! Have already started showing practice Inhand.

Winter coats fully clipped out last month and now rugged and stable lights on until late evening to encourage summer coats through!!

Large baby horse started working with others around and a few clinics booked for show practice. Pony now being ridden daily by large teddy bear in preparation for LR classes (easier and quieter than constantly borrowing child!!)

.... Pony now being ridden daily by large teddy bear in preparation for LR classes (easier and quieter than constantly borrowing child!!)

:bounce:

Fitness will be addressed in about 3 weeks time with a view to doing couple in-hand classes in April, then attempt a ridden in May and June... I know he'll be fine in-hand as we did that last year, but ridden might be entertaining.

Got to try and find some horses the share the school with - he shares with R, but he shares everything with her :redface:

Harvey will be back in regular ridden work by the end of this month, then schooling will be concentrated on.

Our first show (ridden and in hand showing) isn't until 8th May and by that time he always has his summer coat through anyway. (Makes it really easy for me!!)

Serious schooling will start end of March ish.

Brush up and bath etc won't be until end of April but then he's a native so i can get away with that although mane will be pulled (it's really long atm!) end of march.

Pony now being ridden daily by large teddy bear in preparation for LR classes (easier and quieter than constantly borrowing child!!)

Am definitely going to steal your idea there!! Piccolo needs to come back into work this spring but before sitting child on her (child owner is now at school which makes things harder then last year) i will bring the teddy bear rider. Do you think we'd get odd looks doing our first short village hacks like that too??!

Well I was planning Kias season but with no job I have to say it has went down the pan.

We did get out to a show on sunday but it didnt geo very well and now I have to wait for his mane to gro in before I can go anywhere since Eowyn sucked it out :rolleyes:

...and stable lights on until late evening to encourage summer coats through!!

Really wow, facinating! Willow's rugged up, but I didn't know the lights helped with summer coats too! Like chickens lay better if you control their light I guess! Unforntunately our farmer would do his nut if we had the lights on for that.

Has large teddy.....now off to find some old muck boot and nick a pair of the small kids trackie bottoms for it!

:smile: photos please! You are making me think. For the lead rein classes does it have to be a child on board? I can't get hold of a little un small enough for Holly but I am sure I could get hold of a teddy :giggle:

:smile: photos please! You are making me think. For the lead rein classes does it have to be a child on board? I can't get hold of a little un small enough for Holly but I am sure I could get hold of a teddy :giggle:

Bet a teddy isn't as gobby as a small child either :wink: Just had to explain to my 4yr old that as she was sent home from school at lunchtime for throwing up it doesn't matter how good she feels right now, it isn't the right time to use the afternoon to ride the horses!

I was contemplating using a teddy on Rascal - I am now quite happy that Im not barmy to have thought about this... and will now go and get said teddy sorted :D

we are already OFF!

Pony clipped out save legs as we did BSPS Workers last weekend - DD WON her 1st BSPS Workers :spin: Very proud as you can imagine!!

Pony rugged up and starting on his tail big time for VHS classes

Doing Vets and Workers this year - not bothering with First Ridden etc but will still do Pony Club Pony and Child Rider Pony as thats what he is!!!

Dressage in full swing - dd won pc Dengie qualifier so gotta learn the Area test as it can't be called :frown:

Soooo, we are in full swing!!!!!!!!!!!! Already

blue rinse management is more under control as well :tongue:

Woohoo - go you!!

I've booked transport for our first VHS qualifier on March 27th so Puz is well rugged and her tail is in a bag! Need to get myself a new showing outfit this year as well :)

don't! daughter needs a new tweed - that in itself isn't a huge deal (well it is - but 2nd hand for sure!!!) - but I can't find one that is slim enough in the body and long enough in the arms (she's slim with long limbs! not exactly an unusual look for showing kids eh!!!!) and then when I find something that might fit, I'd need to buy new tie and hair bits as the tweed colour isn't the same as her current set - again doesn't sound a big deal but to find tie & ribbons that looks "nice" will add on another £30 and she needs new boots - black and oxblood - sigh

I am struggling to find jackets that are short enough in the body, long enough in the arms and slim enough in the body!!!

If she wasn't about to have a massive growth spurt (she is in Y4 and looking at the Y6's she about to grow about a foot in 18 months!!!!!) so I don't really want to be spending a couple of hunderd quid on a tweed jacket and new ribbons/tie!!!!

thinking of starting washing his tail a couple of times a week and leaving it plaited the rest of the time to reduce the mud trailing!!!!!

and we are starting to look for a new pony - that's proving impossible as well

I do laugh when people say we must be rich having a pony - we are broke all the time :help:

I totally agree and sympathise!!! I find jackets a nightmare, I'm only 5ft but slim in the waist but not flat chested - trying to find something that is essentially child length with adult arms and enough room so that I don't look like I'm doing a Jordan impression is hilarious!!!! I've seen a gorgeous Caldene one that I want to try.

If I find one then you would be more than welcome to try my brown tweed Caldene one, you may be able to put it to good use, even if it just for your daughter to grow into.

Don't envy you trying to find a pony as well!!

Tailgator do some fab tailbags that you put over a plaited tail, I swear by mine as Puz's tail is quite thick and just collects dirt.

newrider.com