Who is having people they don't want for christmas?

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
Bit of a follow on from my comment about Trews MIL.

Why is it we always think Christmas is going to be quiet and nice etc, then at the last minute we have to fit in some relative or another who, we feel sorry for and has no place to go?

I do it every year and it drives my husband and son senseless, its like......why did you have to invite them? of all people?

Personally I like to do open house at Christmas, a few sherries and I don't care who turns up, my Turkey always seems to stretch.

This year, after years of various vagrant relatives coming, we thought, or....the men thought they might have me to themselves for a change, but no! I have just invited husbands brother who is off sick and has just been dumped(not surprisingly) by his lady friend. It has caused several rows:giggle: 'Tough, I am cooking':giggle:

I wouldn't mind so much having MIL if I had other folk coming, but my parents like their own company and won't come, my brothers live too far away and my sisters are either working (nurse) or have their own thing to do with their kids. I honestly wouldn't mind an open house, the more the merrier, and MlL would be just part of the scenery, but as it is, it's just OH and myself which is nice, but mother makes three. 'Nuff said.:cry::redface:

I have everyone coming but my sister much as I love her is mid divorce and a drama queen at the best of times. I'll be pissed off if me and my husband spend loads of time and money making Christmas perfect for everyone and she makes it all about her. Have already had an argument with her as she told her ex to pick up their kids on xmas Day from my house, without consulting me. He is not welcome here for many, many reasons, least of which that he's quite capable of making a massive scene in front of MY kids.

Other than that it's gonna be perfect...

Yes, my BIL is bound to tell us all several times over about the trials and tribulations with his ex. He is also very loud and doesn't stop talking, oh dear never mind:giggle:

I see where you are coming from but I stay alone and if my family didn't invite me over then I would spend Christmas by myself which would be a bit rubbish! I'm glad they invite me even if they might not like me and I'm not immediate family:unsure::yellowcarded: However I am fairly quiet and I usually bring drink and dessert!

I don't get on well with one of my uncles but if he happens to be there on Christmas day I put up with him because I do think it would be sad if he were to spend Christmas day completely alone.

I see where you are coming from but I stay alone and if my family didn't invite me over then I would spend Christmas by myself which would be a bit rubbish! I'm glad they invite me even if they might not like me and I'm not immediate family:unsure::yellowcarded: However I am fairly quiet and I usually bring drink and dessert!

I don't get on well with one of my uncles but if he happens to be there on Christmas day I put up with him because I do think it would be sad if he were to spend Christmas day completely alone.

Yes. I think its definitely a time for being together and sharing. I don't like the idea of people being on their own. I always think, I would not like being on my own myself, so make the most of it:smile:

We are having a curry at the curry house, people give me indigestion!

I honestly wouldn't mind an open house, the more the merrier, and MlL would be just part of the scenery, but as it is, it's just OH and myself which is nice, but mother makes three. 'Nuff said.:cry::redface:

Ha Trewsers shall we all come to yours for Christmas dinner? We could cheer you up and sort out your MIL! :giggle:

I'm a bit of a 'the more the merrier' kind of girl, but OH hates Christmas, can't stand all the fuss and faff and would be more than happy to go for a curry Christmas day.

newrider.com