Who irons their shoe-laces?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Ok, not a trick question honestly!
OH was reading in the DAily Mail whilst waiting for me at the dentist - and apparently Prince Charles has his laces ironed! Weird or what???????! And, apparently they all have people dress them - so no undressing or dressing oneself. I love the Royals on the whole, but this is "quaint" to say the least! I mean, it's not exactly normal is it?????! I can't see as much has changed since Henry the 8th's time!!!! All that bowing and scraping....not sure I'd want somebody changing me clothes for me though........not sure about the shoe laces either.......

See I am not sure about the shoe lace thing. Only common peoples cheap shoes will have flat laces. Hand made posh folk's shoes will have round laces.

My son went through a stage of wanting to go to Butler school, don't ask why, I think he liked the idea as he wanted to be an actor too, and all a Butler is is putting on an act all day.

I have had to learn to iron in the last few years as running a posh B&B folk like to have things ironed, before that the only time I picked up an iron was when I was in the forces, and if I could swap ironing for boot bulling I'd do that

I don't iron anything if I can help it :redface: My mum does tho, irons practically everything :unsure: even my stepdads undies (what's that about??) Never right is it? :bounce::bounce:

WELL, I cannot tell you all how SHOCKED I am that none of you Iron
your Shoelaces..........

I would NEVER be seen out and about in a crumpled pair of laces:smoke::bounce::bounce:

Seriously, I do have an iron.........not sure if it works or not tbh ! EVERYTHING goes in the Tumble Drier:unsure:

Last edited:
Well Im with Fairlady on this - doesn't EVERY one iron their shoelaces?:frown: God you lot are as common as muck....dont know why I bother with the lot of you........peasants........great unwashed.......lower classes.....I bet you wouldn't know a cucumber sandwich if it bit you on the a**e?:bounce:

newrider.com