Who does the cooking in your house?

chickflick1066

May 7, 2004
West Yorkshire
As I sit here typing on my laptop my OH is slaving away over the hot stove making a rather nice tuna steak and garlic mash meal. He tends to do 90-95% of the cooking because I am rubbish at it. I get stressed and flustered - what should take 20 mins takes ME an hour!

So, tell me, who does the cooking in YOUR house? :)

Me. Control Freak Alert.

Although OH took over when I had my arm op for a few days...he tends to fry and also to experiement, with variable results. He put black olives in baked beans, a bold descision, and not sucessful IMO. But he does do a GREAT fry up otherwise. :biggrin:

I'm a housewife so it's me. Mind you, when I used to do a 60 hour week as standard, and when I worked and went to uni, I still was the one who cooked.

Me - always me. Even when we were both working FT I did all the cooking and it's just followed. Hubby can't cook to save his life - but he can do a pretty good beans on toast ;) Now I only work 3 days a week, but I cook, he cleans up the kitchen spotlessly afterwards.

Rest of the housework is done fairly evenly or 60/40 split his way, but I do a lot more child care on average.

I do most of it as I only work 2.5 days, so it's only fair. OH can cook quite well though- he cooks probably twice a week, normally stir fry or chilli. He made a lovely goulash the other night - I had an operation 3 weeks ago so he had to do everything for the first week!

OH cooks during the week and pretty much most weekends if I am honest. We both work full time (well OH did until he got promoted now only works mon-fir but 8-5) I have a long commute and then I go ride my boy so I get home around 8 and dinner is on the table.

I do the washing up, he also cleans (man cleans so not ace) upstairs and I cdo down stairs. We share pretty much everything as we dont have kids. I work on thr lines that is our home we clean it. not me clean it.a:)

Works for us

That said OH 'heats' not cooks. which brings me to a new thread......

Me. Control Freak Alert.

:biggrin:Same in this house!

I do all the cooking, OH very rarely gets to cook because if I'm honest I am a much better chef, he only spent four years at catering college, what does he know?!:yellowcarded:

I cook, OH does the washing up. It works well for us!

My Oh does most of the cooking, it's always been his kitchen, and with it being so small, there simply isn't room for team work.. he's not a bad cook, and is always trying new things :smile:

It's not that I'm rubbish (far from).. it's just it was his home before I moved in, and he likes to have the kitchen to himself at meal times... though he's gonna have to share it next week, as I'm hopefully baking honey ginger bread (loaf, not biscuits)..

Me... Another self confessed control freak. Well not so much with cooking but other stuff (cleaning Particularily!) I am.

I tend to have a day once a month where I cook heaps of stuff and then freeze it so weekday cooking is usually pretty easy :)

I probably cook most from scratch & OH does heating up meals of things I've made & frozen or something from the shops. Be did make a delicious roast chicken dinner tonight though!!

I'm another clean freak. I clean as I go when cooking but OH leaves the kitchen like a bombsite!

OH - he says that if he cooks it at least he can eat it. He also makes stupid annoying jokes about Liz not needing a timer on our oven, she uses the smoke detector instead etc etc. I am a rubbish cook but I just think it's boring and a waste of time when it's just going to get eaten and create a load of mess anyway.

ME, but as I'm single there isn't another option....I don't even have a cat to train like Wiz:tongue: Suits me fine, used to hate coming home and my mum would have made me something that I didn't fancy (that makes me sound ungrateful which I wasn't honest!)

I live in a traditional house basically i am a lazy b*****d and my wife does everything except fix the cars do the garden paint the house clear the drains put up shelves lift heavy things and any other job that requires brute strength and ignorance.

newrider.com