Which Leg To Sit To In Rising Trot

L

Lisa&Lady

Right, since ive been riding (14yrs now), ive always been told to sit in the rising trot when the inside leg goes back.

I was watching a Tim Stockdale DVD last night and noticed that the rider was sitting when the outside leg went back.

What one is the correct way as im now questioning what ive been taught.

:) :) :)

See this is the thing thats confusing, ive always been taught to sit when the inside front leg comes back.

Dont tell me that ive been doing it wrong all these years!!!!!

:mad:

sit as the outside hoof hits the ground, when i was taught i had to watch the outside leg/shoulder so i could sit as it went down. then you learn to feel when that happens.

Well that confirms it, ive been riding wrong all these years!!!!

:( :( :( :(

When your out hacking it doesn't matter which shoulder you sit or rise to, just make sure you change it regularly especially if your do long periods of trotting or you'll end up with a very one sided horse :)

There's me been wondering why Lady has been falling in a bit when we going rounds bends.

Doh!!!!!

:D :) :D

When working in a school: -

Outside leg - the leg which is nearest the sides of school, whether that be walls in an indoor or post and rail in an outdoor.

Inside Leg - the leg nearest x, so for example on the left rein it will be your left leg

Hope that helps :)

I remember with the following rhyme. "Rise and fall with the foot on the wall"

Am I right in saying that whatever rein you are on, you sit down when the opposite shoulder is back?:eek:

Dont start me on near and far side, it takess too long to work it out!!!:rolleyes:

When the outside shoulder is back.

:)

newrider.com