Which honey cream?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I'm thinking of buying some manuka honey cream for the horses for cuts etc. Can anyone recommend a specific brand? Is it okay to use the human variety?
Thanks

I have read a lot about Manuka honey and how good it is at healing wounds etc but I have always thought it would attract flies, is this not the case?

The TB I had a few years ago cut his leg down to the bone in the field, it was spring time and vet said put manuka honey on it and it was virtually healed in 10 days :) I don't remember a particular problem with the flies being worse

I have read a lot about Manuka honey and how good it is at healing wounds etc but I have always thought it would attract flies, is this not the case?

I never thought of that - I was going to get some for Chloe where she's skinned her legs itching. Nothing we do seems to stop her, she'll find anything to scratch on:(

I never thought of that - I was going to get some for Chloe where she's skinned her legs itching. Nothing we do seems to stop her, she'll find anything to scratch on:(

Well I have never used it as I just think of honey and somehow flies seem to spring to mind lol but @Jessey has used it and she has said the flies were not a problem from what she remembers so I would go with her recommendation :)

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com