Which fence Energiser?

I have gone for the solar kit one, as it is a duo option.
Added longer earth stake and 12 connecting cables in case we need them.
Seller not responding to ebay and I think it's bad you still have to give them 8 days to respond!

To reserect this thread and hijack it (sorry @newforest ) can you use 2 energisers on the same bit of fence without issue? Currently my internal fence is electrifyed but it's not always connected to the external fence and I thought it might be easier just having another energiser and battery on that? But if the internal fence does touch the outside one will it matter?

Help yourself Ale.

I can't answer that.
I have two energisers, one on the internal and one on the external, she's on a track so I can't have a fence across anywhere.

What i do know is things shouldn't touch, vegetation etc. You maybe able to run one on the top strand and the other on the second strand, not touching. But, not knowing your set up its likely safer to have two units and don't let them touch.

No def not @Ale, they will fry each other.

The easiest way to deal with getting power from one to the other is to dig in a lead out cable, it’s insulated cable designed to be buried and doesn’t need to be in vastly deep, just deep enough so if it gets churned in the winter their feet don’t cut it or run it through an old bit of hose for extra protection. I normally put mine about 6-8” down, in wet weather I step in a shovel and wiggle to open the gap all along, poke it to the bottom and tread it back down, it doesn’t take long.

We had a Rutland energiser for years when using a battery. No issues with it and did us 16 years! Had to upgrade to mains electric fencing and have a vos energiser now

No. The energisers will go bang.

Dont try energising one fence strand on a top wire and one energiser on the bottom strand either. The currents can jump strands if close and two if the strands become loose and touch you can short the energisers and knacker them.

If your circuits are well away from each other like 10ft then maybe you can run two fences but knowing what happens when horses take out fencing i wouldnt risk it.

Reactions: Jessey
Oh dear everyone, if left to my own devices I would have fried at the very least 2 energisers and also possibly Ale, myself and all the local wildlife ? Thanks as always for the advice!

• Haha
Oh dear everyone, if left to my own devices I would have fried at the very least 2 energisers and also possibly Ale, myself and all the local wildlife ? Thanks as always for the advice!
It's a good question and you won't be the first to have thought it.

I can confess while hoovering and the extension lead came out, I simply put them back together and got a jolt up my arm and made my heart go a lot faster.
No wonder the victorians didn't like the idea of electricity in the house!

Because talking about it yesterday reminded me I had a lead out cable that needed digging in
3B232B0C-FF17-4495-86D4-8439E6148118.jpeg
it took maybe 15 minutes start to finish. I normally avoid putting them in gateways as they always get more churned up but I am putting an isolator switch on that post so I can easily turn off the inner fence when I’m doing stuff

I would be tempted to make that into a ditch to jump over.
Little brush fence on one side. Forget the cable :)

• Haha
You were a Womble in your last life @newforest that's a great use of the bucket! Zi is a serial bucket wrecker. How did yours happen?!
Ah now I found that in the bushes here. Thought to myself, that'll come in useful for something.
Have to say though it's thinner than my old original that's 15 years old.

Reactions: Trewsers
I used one of those as well original over my energiser after it was no longer any use for water. Now i use a mineral bucket.

I have a solar rig from Voss at electric-fence.co.uk (I think). It came from Germany but was well priced and I haven't needed to change a battery in more than a year. The posts are really good too.

newrider.com