Where to buy dresses...

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
I have a christening and a posh night away coming up… I need new outfits for both.

I had it in my head I would wear a dress for both - no idea for the christening, but wanted a long style dress for the posh dinner/night away. Im on a (fairly extreme!) budget, but I can't even find dresses I like. Where does everyone buy dresses from these days?! I clearly don't go shopping enough!

I am very pale and fair and petite if it makes any difference!

What size are you? I have a floor length light blue monsoon strapless dress that may be suitable for the posh dinner? Size 8 I've worn it once

I am an 8-10 Ale - depends on the make.

How much is reasonable for a dress? I think I am perhaps being unreasonable as I figure I may only wear it once or twice!

I've started buying online from very.co.uk

I don't really like shopping, I have better things to do with my time! So I bought a load of dresses from very.co.uk, it is free delivery and free returns if using a collect plus shop. I bought a load and returned all but two.

Have a look on there ;)

I'd say anything from £80-200 really for a dress to suit but it depends where you shop and whst you are looking for. Occasionally River Island or Topshop will have something suitable but generally I'd be looking in Coast/Karen Millen/Ted Baker/Debenhams/House of Fraser. TKMaxx, if you have time to go rummaging, usually isn't too bad.

I have got dresses from debenhams (debut) although i have picked them up at around £30 at the end of sales, from very and ebay! New Monsoon dresses can be picked up cheaply off ebay..

If you have time check out your local charity shops too. I love charity shop finds, bought a gorgeous Karen Millen dress last summer for £15 and it is stunning, silk and crepe bias cut, even I look amazing in it, lol shame I never go anywhere worthy of it really.

newrider.com