Where should we send Pablo for backing - suggestions in NE UK

Esther.D

Jan 3, 2003
Shetland!
maenoferren.mysite.freeserve.com
I have already asked some people this separately and Stella2 is investigating a possible idea for me but I thought I might as well open it to suggestions.

We are looking into the possibilities of sending Pablo away for a week or so to get backed. We have done everything up to this stage including lunging, longreining etc and he is now accepting leaning over and is totally happy with his saddle even if it is slapped, rocked etc. We just don't really have the facilties to do the final backing as our field is steep and full of very hard rocks:D

He is basically a real gentlemen - 100% in traffic, good to load, good with the farrier, never shies, has no vices, has never been known to bite/kick. The ideal horse...but we need to be able to ride him ;)

So does anyone know any good, sympathetic trainers in the NE England who would be suitable to back him?

Don't klnow of any meyself (everyone on our yard seems to have bought horses already broke in or have backed them themselves) but I'll have an ask around.

I'm not really sure if Josie does she does great training!! (she owns a riding school and has 2 horses that she's braking in!)
Pm me for more detailes oh she's in the sheffield area- even if she doesn't do it then she deffinatly nows somewhere!

Bit further north than Sheffield preferably;) I was thinking in the region of Northumberland, Cumbria, Tyne and Wear, County Durham or even Dumfries and Galloway ideally.

Just realised I put NE UK in the heading, not NE England. If I was looking in NE UK I would be up near Wally in Shetland;) :D

I've always done my own so I'm not up on who's decent. Will ask Gwyneth as she had a really good bloke called Simon, who backed a load of her youngsters for her last year when she was really busy and John was laid up with his back.

Stella2 suggested Henri too.....I can't believe I didn't think of her:rolleyes: My mother (when she was physio for the RDA group) used to work with her and was very impressed.

No Artemis Belsay is not too far, we are prepared to travel for a good person, after 2yrs working with Pablo we won't compromise on the final details.

There is someone who is not too far from you ( so my friend thinks unfortunately can't remember what she is called) but she advertises in the Journal when she has some spaces.

newrider.com