Where is all the "TRAFFIC"??????? just before Xmas??????

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
Not the highway travel to"grandma's house" but to the shopping areas!

Not that I am complaining about it though!

I was surprised when going past a large outlet mall =wow the exit was clear -no big line getting off.
Going yesterday to a Super Walmart in a different mall It was no more busy than any Sunday might be
and getting in and out was a breeze- no traffic at the lights - no waiting for a parking spot -
and got to the register and just one person in front of me.

Has anyone else noticed the stores/roads/ malls are not that busy???

Glasgow City Centre was awful on Saturday and that was just foot traffic. I need to nip to a supermarket to get some food in the next few days and I'm dreading it tbh, it'll be a nightmare!

The Boston area might be bad.
There was a horror show with people trying to get off Cape Cod yesterday. A truck hit and brought down scaffolding from work being done.
Guess the whole bridge was shut down for hours. (maybe thats where everyone was):eek:

Reactions: MAC66
If they had to close the road, then guess that's why it was quiet. We're in between two passes, and if both shut, it's pretty quiet here too :)

When OH and I had offices in town we used to do all our Christmas present shopping for each other and immediate family that we would be seeing on the day, Christmas Eve. And you know, it would be really quiet! You could go into most of the shops and have them to yourself - it was bliss! I think everyone had been and done, so it was a great time for us to just do it all nice and relaxed.

The Boston area might be bad.
There was a horror show with people trying to get off Cape Cod yesterday. A truck hit and brought down scaffolding from work being done.
Guess the whole bridge was shut down for hours. (maybe thats where everyone was):eek:

One time when we were on Cape Cod we had been out for the day and had a big problem getting back on because both the bridges were closed. There was torrential rain and one of the bridges was closed because of flooding and the other because a chunk of the bridge had fallen on to the road and it couldn't be reopened until it had been declared safe. There was so much traffic and nobody was going anywhere. I can picture what it must have been like yersterday.

Been into town this morning and it is deadly quiet...almost like Christmas has been cancelled. Very odd to see so little traffic driving in - a little unsettling when you have braced yourself for the long haul, bit like a damp squib really!:)

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
newrider.com