Where did you learn to ride/still ride?

hi welcome to NR:D

ive been to plenty of RSs and i first rode at whitemoor (still occasionally do)
then i went to sudborough manor yard
katie wilkinsons
then partridge farm (one lesson dont need to say anymore:mad: )
then wittering grange (now banned from there)
and finally where i am currently lynch farm :D (luv it there!)

Learnt at Alston & Killhope riding centre
Then moved to Bowes Manor when it shut down
Bought Fleur from there
Moved to penshaw- still there and totally loving it :D
Natxx

I live in the UK now but I learnt to ride abroad, in the Caribbean when I was 6/7. It was a professional SJ yard (they really didn't have many riding schools there) and they didn't have any ponies, only horses mostly anglo-arabs or tbs so I had to learn pretty quickly! I really enjoyed it though, I stayed there for 4 years untill I moved back here and I've been hooked since! Now I go to a riding school in south wales. But hoping to get my own horse pretty soon!! :D

I learnt to ride at Southmore, then Long Leyes when it closed down. When I moved to Scotland I rode for a bit at Cowdenknowes before I moved.
Now I ride at Dryden - and love it :D

I ride and have always ridden at a place called glen tanar equestrian centre.
I now work there and have my Ride leaders qualification, and mainly take people ut on hacks/treks

I learned to ride at Vale Stud in Kingsfold. i've only really ridden there. i went straight on to have a pony...no more riding school lessons.

I learned to ride back in the 1970's when I was in primary school at Muirmill in Scotland, which was then owned by John Brown, the showjumper. I have forgotten far more than they tought me though, so am booking lessons now!

Welcome to the board!

I learned to ride (and still ride) at Oakley Stables, a small place about fifteen minutes away in Chester Basin, Nova Scotia. And when I say small, I mean small. One instructor (my fabulous mentor Sharon) and one horse, had two for a few months, but one had to be put down:( , so they're back to one now. I started when Sharon first started giving lessons, and I'm glad I did, because now, two years later, she's got a handful of students, and a waiting list of over fifty people.

Needless to say, riding instructors are slim pickings around here.

The two main places were Glebe Field in South Yorkshire and Contessa in Hertfordshire. I also went on holiday a LOT to the Equestrian Centre in Wrexham :) I did go to other school but they were my main ones. I was supposed to be working for my stages when I was younger (moved to London for my job and never got around to it) and used to ride at Massarella's once a week, we did stable management there too.

I also used to work in return for rides and looked after 7 showjumpers for a while.

I now have my own horse and have my trainer come to us once a week (it would be more if I had the time and the £).

I learnt to ride at Bigland Hall in the Lake District, now sadly defunct. Then after a long break, at Northern Riding Centre in Dewsbury and Middleton Park Equestrian Centre in Leeds. Then I bought my own horse, and have an instructor once a week for lessons. HAve also recently been on an intensive riding week at Ivanhoe Equestrian Centre, in the Midlands:D

hi and welcome to a friendly and addicitve site ..:D I started riding at Holmes riding school. and bought my first horse 7 months ago from same place,now shut to riding and now only livery.which is where i keep my horse .love it there..:D

First lessons were at Basingstoke Riding school but I quickly moved to Ashford Hill Riding school in North Hants and now occasionally use Cullinghood in Berkshire.

Lychgate Riding school and Hinckley Equestrian Centre, also been on many holidays! Bay mare, do you mean Massarellas in Leicestershire by any chance or is there more than one place :S

As an adult, its annother vote for Vale Stud on the Surrey Sussex Borders. Now Ive got two of my own , so its lessons at my livery yard.

Libbyo :)

Welcome to NR :) Your gonna get so addicted :p

Uhm, I learnt to ride when I first came to Australia when I was 3 at Snaffles Riding School (How cute??). They are still going today, but only teach 3-12 yr olds. But I moved schools a lot .. I had private lessons on my mare, then diff privo lessons with a man called Alan, then at a school called ... actually I dont think it has a name. Then my last school was Redbreigh .. but they closed.

So I now ride at my mates and get a lesson or two in the holidays :)

newrider.com