Where can I find someone to holiday sit my horses???

wiffy

Jul 19, 2005
I need help and not sure where to start..........I need some occasional help with my boys and wanted ot know how I can go aboput finding it?

Thanks
:)

it's a bit of a funny one really

i've thought about this before but not found anyone

anyway , my friends brothers oh has just set up a cat sitting service , the cost is £10 a visit

so if you have someone to do the horses twice a day it would cost £140 a week , round by me you can get holiday livery for a max of £100 a week & thy supply all feed & bedding ,

so my conclusion is for longer holidays i will go with that , bearing in mind that my horse is not the type to unsettle easily

I'm fortunate in that my horses live on a large yard and there are always a couple of girls who will do this for a couple of £s a day. Over Christmas and New Year, one girl did Salsa's jobs for me for £4 a day, which included mucking out; feed, rug & turnout; filling water buckets and hanging haynets; mixing feeds; bringing in, checking feet, bedding down and feeding. She is a little star :D .
Failing that, do you have a horsey friend without their own who would enjoy the experience? You could bring back a gift from your holiday as a token of your thanks :)

I answered an advert once for somebody wanting hellp with there horses

I went twice a week days depended on the ladys shifts ( nurse) and she kept that at a small yard to herself.

I was paid £6 an hour and would write down what I did and times I arrived and left ( honesty! so find someone honest lol!!)

I would Muck out, hay, feed, bring in- flick of- rug change- tuck into bed with tea

She had two horses ( one was a right swine!) but was a good bit of extra cash for me at the time.

Put an advert in your local shop/tack room I'm sure you would get a response.

I was always there aswell if she needed anything extra such as holiday cover and extra evenings/mornings as I had a young child at the time so I was quite flexible.

Hope you find someone x

This is great thanks girls.......I am in Warwickshire/West Mids (right on the boarder!!

newrider.com