Where can I find...sizings for bridles???

chewitmonster

Silver! Hey-ho Tonto!!
Jul 30, 2004
Sheffield, UK
www.freewebs.com
I'm looking for a new bridle. My current one is unknown brand, extra full though he probably only needs a full size in certain parts.

I've managed to find sizing guide for Jeffries bridles but can't find one for Stubben or Kieffer...anyone help? Or if you have a full/extra full to hand and want to measure it up for me like Jeffries have here would also help so I can gauge if I need full or extra full. You will have to download it from the bottom of the page

Oh and I heard you can mix and match....where can I? I can only find complete bridles?

Any help much appreciated!

I've just been through a similar dilemma,trying to look for a new bridle for my horse. In the end I have got a local saddler to make one for me. It will be leather and made to measure, so should be a perfect fit :) .

And is costing me £50 :D

jeffries and sabre sell bridle parts in separates aswell as complete bridles so you can mix and match sizings
http://www.sabreleather.co.uk/Pages/measurements.pdf
thats a link to the bridle sizings for sabre

ETA: R&R Country near Selby will be able to do a made to measure bridle for you, I know they're not really close to you but its an option if you get really stuck

Last edited:
ooo I'm going to rideaway on friday - thanks for the heads up gypsygold!

Thanks for the link jovi - don't know why I'd forgotten about sabre! Argh this bridle buying business is hard work trying to decide if it will fit him! he's inbetween sizes for everything!

If you can that would be brill ponylover :) I need a big browband and noseband but the extra full cheek pieces on mine are too long so probably will need to mix and match. An idea of the brands sizes is what I'm after so I can make more of a decision. I know from looking at the sizing that Jeffries come up smaller than Sabre and my current one so any more info on other brands is great.

Thanks ponylover :)

newrider.com