When to get a cat spayed

Jackblack

Sep 4, 2008
my cat had kittens about two months ago now and they are all gone to good homes, but she is now back in heat and has met her old boyfriend, this is the day the last kitten left,

i would love to get her spayed(neutered) so i have no more kittens, am i too late after her amorous affair with tom cat or can i go ahead and get her done asap

A similar thing happened to a friend's dog and, if i remember correctly, the vet gave the dog an injection to prevent pregnancy and then booked her in for a later date for spaying. Of course, it's probably different with cats. I'm sure if you call a vet they will give you brief advice over the phone at no cost.

If I was you i would give the vet a call for some advice, some vets are happy to spay a cat up to a certain stage in their pregnancy, others are not so keen. IME,having worked with a few different vets (I am a vet nurse) it seems to depend on the vet and what they are willing to do.
Good luck with getting it sorted:)

absolutly positive that she is back in heat, i saw her having *** with the tom cat. will be ringing the vets tomorrow as i dont think i could find more homes for little kittens. i just got my house back and the cuts on my legs from little claws going into them are finally healing.

Don't let her outside if there is a tom cat around!
Get her to the vet ASAP and explain the situation.
xx

newrider.com