What's your type?

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
There's a thread on IHDG asking if there is a particular type or look that attracts you. With me it's the white face, I'm an absolute sucker for it as these pics prove...

CHEZ12.jpg

0807030004.jpg

10.jpg

8.jpg

Lungeing020911035.jpg

JackandArthur220312012.jpg

BooLeaves002.jpg

In fact, Roo and Joey are the only two I've owned that didn't have a white face :redface: Roo was the "least white!...he had a smattering of white hair where a star would be!

0809130011.jpg

Ad26thAug008.jpg

I know... I'm so shallow.... :giggle:

So .... do YOU have a "type"????

I had always loved Palaminos from a little girl and had almost been lucky enough to have one in my late teens but then partying became more important for me.
Daisy came to me by complete default (like they do!) and I never really thought about it until just lately everyone has been saying she is the sort of pony every little girl dreams of - a Palamino :wink:

dw1.jpg

I have always adored palomino's, pure 'white' horses (until I had one and the red mud turned her pink ;)) and also Friesian's as you all know! I know there are a few things on my list but definitely a sucker for a Friesian!!

I always like light/medium weight horses with a strong Roman nose (despite having a horse with exactly the opposite!) I think it's because I was such a fan of Ryan's Son back in the day. I always get excited when I see one now ...

Favourite colour ever would be dark bay with white on face and legs, just love it!

Yes Daisy does look very red in her winter woolies, her summer coat being much lighter but it does say Palamino on her passport.
We have a Shetland foal thats Palamino and he is much lighter

846d8b3a.jpg

I always like light/medium weight horses with a strong Roman nose (despite having a horse with exactly the opposite!) I think it's because I was such a fan of Ryan's Son back in the day. I always get excited when I see one now ...
Lol.... I think Ryan's Son is the reason I go for the white face too! He was my FAVOURITE (especially his cheeky bucks!)

I have always loved Arabs & was lucky enough to ride a few in my youth. My beloved Charlie was an Anglo, quite araby, chesnut with 3 white socks & a white blaze. How I miss that horse. Must get some piccys of him on my laptop.

http://www.newrider.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=46308&stc=1&d=1347095491

Still, I'm very lucky to have the gorgeous Josh.

But I must admit I'd love another arab or anglo, or even a friesien..........:playfull:

Attachments

• Image022-2.jpg
    Image022-2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 12
I like native ponies the most :inlove: The stockier the better :inlove:

Im not to keen on hot headed, sporty type horses.

Colour wise, not fussy really. Preferably like somthing a bit different, like roans & duns.

Im not keen on coloured or black horses (Although i have ended up with 2 x black horses :giggle:)

Dont like white faces...sorry domane :tongue: although that said all of yours are lovely!!

I'm a complete sucker for piebalds, skewbalds and spotties. Cobby/gypsy types and apaloosas are my favourites, but anything multi coloured and it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll be drooling over the fence, gazing adoringly into the stable or slamming on the car brakes:smile:

Dizzy, I'm with you, had unfulfilled childhood dreams of palaminos, so I still have a soft spot for those too - yours are lovely!

I love black and liver chestnuts but they must have white on their faces and socks.

I also love palominos.

Lastly, I like horses and ponies to have tidy but natural looking manes and tails. I don't like the plucked, plaited and preened look.

Ponies and cobs.

Anything solid to have fun with. Ideally with "issues" and full of character or opinions.

Sucker for a coloured cob with a long mane and tail and lots of Feather. Ideally black and white! With wall eyes ...

And that's exactly what I have just bought!

I like 14.2-15hh middleweight types without a lot of feather. Mostly chestnuts but spotties catch my eye a lot as well :happy:

I like a bit of chunk, and a bit of feather in a darker colour. I like white on the face or legs, or some other feature to make them unique. We have three plain dark bay TBs on the yard, I can't really tell them apart, and think of them as 'the brown horses'

TBs and Arab types are lovely to look at, but I feel nervous of the slender legs like they'd break easily, or fall over. I'm the same with furniture, no spindly legged tables in my house.

I love block/solid colours only no markings at all. Chanter is my dream horse to look at fine but with some bone....perfect. Oh and sorry not natives or colours I like arabs, warmbloods and TB's all the way for me.

I hate...chestnut, white faces again sorry Domane and white socks....Oppps

newrider.com