What's your sad secret?! Another fun thread...

Roxy's Mum

Jul 21, 2009
Dorset
I thought we could have a fun thread on this rather grey skied longest day – somewhere we can all ‘fess up to our little quirks and idiosyncrasies, or secret fancies, that we all have but otherwise might be too ashamed to admit.

Here’s one of mine; I love the TV program Murder, She Wrote. Love it, one my most favourite shows of all time! JB Fletcher, what a legend!

Come on, I’m sure you lot have plenty!

:giggle:

I love "A Touch of Frost", i love watching it as it was filmed where i used to live as i teenager, we saw many of the scenes being made at the time. Now i love watching it back and giggling at the car chases when they say they are on "such an such" road, (made up obviously) and i know the real name of the street :redface: :redface: :giggle:

oh wow -- I watched all the midsomer murders when I was writing my novel -- know the area it was filmed in SO well it was fun to watch!

Inspector morse -- I lived in oxford so have the same familiarity with the places

Criminal minds?

but I suppose the biggest thing is that I am actually a fan of the Simpsons -- have been from the start

oh and there has always been Dr who....

Cathy

Another thing that makes me incredibly sad & makes my family laugh is whenever a town is mentioned on the news or weather etc where I know we have a lifeboat station I have the overwhelming compulsion to say "we've got a lifeboat station there".

Not only is it sad bearing in mind we (we being the RNLI) have 235 stations around the UK & Ireland and I know where quite a lot of them are, but now my OH works here too he is also getting in the habit so we quite often chime it together :nerd:

Great thread!!!!

Another BIG Midsomer Murder fan here - I have a few on DVD, but want to complete my collection at some point!lol. I loved them all - but haven't seen the new ones - apparently John Nettles has retired?

Also, I have to fess up to Poirot!!! Love it to death.
And, Blakes Seven - lol, I was only a wee nipper when it came out originally back in the 70's but I love watching the re-runs, even if a lot of the sets are filmed on the local tip! Hehehehee.

Love also Dr Who, but only really familiar with the Tom Baker ones and the re-runs with John Pertwee et al.

Another of my passions is texting my local radio station - lol, I love their evening shows and often text in and get a mention !!! How sad is that?????!!!!!

My other dark secret is that I binge eat crisp......

Me too. OH, against my instructions brought 3 multi packs of 6 into the house on Friday.
Needless to say they are ALL gone.
The rustle in the cupboard going "eeeeeat meeeeeeeeee"

I don't watch a lot of tv as I prefer reading but I do love a bit of Murder She Wrote, Midosmer, Poirot etc in a rainy day when nowt else to do.

Also working my way through the Dexter series whuch is brilliant.
I tend to watch a DVD before anything else as its easier to make time for it.

Another of my passions is texting my local radio station - lol, I love their evening shows and often text in and get a mention !!! How sad is that?????!!!!!

I love the fact that this is a real passion of yours Trews AND that you often get a mention! They must love you!!

My Murder, She Wrote sadness is made worse by the fact that I have them set to record on the Virgin Box throughout the week so by the time the weekend is here I have several to watch! OH is instructed to leave me alone during this time so I can have quality time with the nosey parker that is JB Fletcher! It also makes me want to buy a typewriter...

Last edited:
also makes me want to buy a typewriter...

Lol, I would love another typewriter! I learnt to touch type way back in 1984 on a "proper" typewriter with manual keyboard and carriage return. I used to actually own a second hand one at one point. Traded it in down the local second hand shop for a ra-ra skirt though. Bad move. Wish I'd kept the typewriter.................!!!

Oh GOD.... faaaaar too many to mention!! :redface:

For instance my top three favourite ever films are

1. The Sound of Music
2. Singing in the Rain
3. Meet me in St Louis

And don't get me started on music..... my fave all-time band are (were?) Genesis... but only with Phil Collins - Peter Gabriel was just too weird. And I also love Steps, The Carpenters and Mozart.

Oh I LOVE Mary Poppins! My most favourite of all time ever in the whole world - I hadn't seen it for years and it was on the movie list on the plane to Australia!!

Well, I was straight on it, I sang along to every song (good job the engines are loud on a Boeing 747) and even shed a little tear as it reminded me so much of my childhood. Happy days :happy:

newrider.com