What's your favourite Risotto flavour?

OMG!! Vesta rissotto and curry, I had forgotton all about them, and the chow Mein with the curly noodles. As a teenager I used to make them when I rolled home in the wee hours, stink the place out with the chip pan for the noodles, eat it, and pass out. :redface:

They really were vile, made almost entirely of additives, I loved them.

They cant be still available can they?

does everyone make their risotto from scratch? or use packet stuff? It looks fairly hard to cook :unsure:

I put my veggies (usually peppers), gravy granules and rice in a large wok type pan. Boil kettle and pour over until rice is covered . Leave to boil on hob and top up with boiling water when it goes low. Do this until the rice is swollen and soft. If I'm bein naughty I throw a load of cheese in at the end! It's really easy :)):)

I have never eaten Risotto! Not that I dont want to, I just have never got round to it !

Ooh I love risotto. I can even make it myself, and I'm an awful cook! Love it with anything in, especially chicken... but seafood risotto is definitely my favourite kind. Drooling!

My mum makes a ristotto....but I dont think it's technically risotto. We have it after a sunday roast with the left over chicken, a load of veggies, a tin of tomatoes, stock and let it simmer. Ridiculously easy and super yummy...but not quite risotto!

My mum makes a ristotto....but I dont think it's technically risotto. We have it after a sunday roast with the left over chicken, a load of veggies, a tin of tomatoes, stock and let it simmer. Ridiculously easy and super yummy...but not quite risotto!

Bubble&squeaktto !

It's got rice in it, right? My mum does something similar, using ordinary short grain white rice and sausages with loads of ketchup in it. Any proper Italian would probably have a horrified fit but it's yum!

newrider.com