Whats your best horsey book?

Mark Rashid's Horsemanship Through Life. A how to for living as well as riding! Whole Heart Whole Horse also by Rashid would be a close contender too.

Reactions: orbvalley
I have a hardback book on horse poetry. So I would save that.
How to training books can be written anytime, but poetry comes from within at the time. If you don't write it down, it's gone. :)

The best time to read a book is beside your horse. Hoping to do that in next few days. With a flask ;)

Hmm, I'm not sure ai can narrow it down to just one:, so my list would be:

• Any of of Mark Rashid's books,
• Robert Miller - From My Hands to Yours
• Linda Khasanov - The Tao of Equus
• Buck Brannaman: The Faraway Horses

Fraser's Horse Book, my mum bought it for me for Christmas when I was eight. It's full of stuff that went right over my head! but I read it over and over. I remember it covered Mill Reef's career and injury including an X-ray of the leg he shattered. It covered everything from getting your first pony. And what you'd need for it (very little in 1980 when the book was written!!) through to breeding to nutrition.

I loved it because it was my first "proper" horse book that taught me. It's horribly dated now but I still get it out and read it now and then - there are some things that haven't changed in 35 years!

Now I didnt like the Faraway Horses - tho when Brannaman actually did a clinic near here, I learned lots from him. And so did Jane(Ziggy) as she reported. I even bought his clinic CDs which I havent got round to watching yet. In a USA setting and in the context of his own life, possibly he comes across tougher than he does when teaching a bunch of UK owners how to ride their horses.

I too have Black Beauty, not signed, with illustrations, it was a gift from my daughter several Christmas's ago and I'll treasure it always.
Not just because of what it is but because of the sentiment behind it.

newrider.com