What's the worst Xmas pressie you've ever had?

OH bought me a novelty toilet seat this year :furious: I was fuming, he had always wanted one but I find them really tacky, I was like a spoilt kid, he just kept laughing and I was threatening to take his pressies back, but he encouraged me to take the hideous thing out of the box and out fell an ipod - so it wasnt quite so bad after all :mstickle:

PMSL Dizzy ... i`d have clubbed him to death with it ... LMAO !!! Death by novelty toilet seat ....

0162BF13.gif
014F5B12.gif

Well my hubs got me socks this year ... which i didn`t actually mind as they`re 2 pairs of heat holders which are good .... but .... (there`s always a but with us laydees isn`t there .. lol) he wrapped up one pair stuck to a big square bit of cardboard, and i thought he`d got me a canvas print of Quinn, so when i opened it, and it was another pair of socks, i felt a bit upset (daft i know) .... I`m not sad that he got me socks, i just wish he`d have wrapped both pairs up normally and the same ... if that makes sense ? :redface:

I remember one year being given a pressie by a friend and after I sniffed it:redface: I was really looking forward to opening it as convinced myself it was a box of turkish delight - yum :wub:

It wasn't:cry:it was a rose smelling coathanger!! I was beside myself as I didnt buy any turkish delight thinking id been given some ..... I always have turkish delight at christmas.....

Lesson learnt - do not sniff pressies!!:giggle:

My mum gave me some clothes pegs one year. They weren't nice clothes pegs, just the cheap ones from Asda! I didn't even need any clothes pegs!

I always feel a tad offended when my mum buys we deodorant and body spray every year!! Don't get me wrong it never comes in wrong but I am always worried she is trying to tell me something

My mum gave me some clothes pegs one year. They weren't nice clothes pegs, just the cheap ones from Asda! I didn't even need any clothes pegs!

Pmsl.

Your mum sounds like my mum in law was. She filled an old ice cream tub full of 'useful items' for hubby's birthday or Xmas pressie the year he moved out. It contained medical bits like paracetamol, plasters, cough mixture etc

Yes, that was hubby's only pressie from his parents. To further rub it in, that was the year his younger sister got a word processor (thats showing our age). His mum was being thoughtful and didn't have a clue how upset he was.

It was very hard to get excited about a vacuum cleaner..especially when it wasn't even the make I wanted!!

I got one of these this year!! Although it was a moving in present as wells an Xmas present. And a decent make!!

Martin's Nan was the worst - the year I got Ferrero Roche (yum yum) Martin got a tatty box of dominoes wrapped in a bread bag! He was 27!!!!!

Same lady rocked up with 2 bags of bottles of booze when we built a bar in our lounge - only trouble was they were all empty! She thought theyd look good!

We would quite often arrive home to find a cauliflower or cucumber in a plastic bag hanging off the door knob that she'd brought round for us as she'd bought it on special :wink: I quite miss her, funny old bird that she was!

Mine was a very elderly slow cooker from my mother-in-law. She had had this slow cooker for a long time having bought it second hand from an ad in the local paper and presumably had been using it. So I was very surprised when I opened the Christmas wrapped box to find it inside. It was still in the battered old box she bought it in, and had the stained and crumpled instruction book. It was very hard not to let her see I recognised it and pretended to be pleased. Months later MIL said she wanted the slow cooker back that she had lent me, I said - but it was a Christmas present wasn't it?
She insisted it was only on loan so I gave it back. She died in 1992 and when OH and I cleared her house it was still there so we brought it home again and still have it now and have used it regularly. It could very well qualify as the oldest slow cooker still in use:giggle:

Think mine was possibly a blouse two sizes too small from Marks and SPencers and a sachet of white (yuk) drinking chocolate. Not bad you might think bur totally thoughtless as I can't drink white choc or eat it because it makes my palpitations worse plus, its obvious I am not a size 8!!!!!! This person ought to have known better.!!!

newrider.com