whats for lunch?

candyflosspot

bossy boots
Sep 7, 2010
Sheffield
Today i am having lebanese chicken salad from the co-op and have thrown in a few cashews for some crunch, then having apple & grape pack for afterwards.

Cup-a-soup, skips and an apple. I had a yogurt and an orange for breakfast and I'm going to have homemade lentil ragu and pasta for dinner tonight. I do also have a bit of millionaire shortbread in my drawer which I might have. I'm just going to go out a walk in the sunshine to earn it!!!

I've just had a crisp sandwich and three! yes three homemade mince pies, what a pig, I don't normally eat in the day on my days off either.

Just weighing up what to have! Not much choice really, I made a faux pas yesterday and forgot bread when out shopping. Hmm. We will either be on luncheon meat and chips, Kabuko noodle boxes or it will have to be a trip to the nearest shop!! And I didn't pick any Coke up either (which I can't live without!!)

Change of plan! OH is now preparing a salad to go with chicken tikka samosas. Followed by noodle boxes - radical eh?!!! No pop so water will have to suffice.....

Cup-a-soup, skips and an apple. I had a yogurt and an orange for breakfast and I'm going to have homemade lentil ragu and pasta for dinner tonight. I do also have a bit of millionaire shortbread in my drawer which I might have. I'm just going to go out a walk in the sunshine to earn it!!!

How do you make this please? I bought a bag of lentils and have no clue how to use them ...

Here is the recipe http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1139652/lentil-rag

I made a batch and froze it and it is good! Nice and filling and healthy too!

I also make this http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1364/spicy-root-and-lentil-casserole and it is really nice, especially if you like curry and potatoes

I also chuck lentils in vegetable soup to thicken it up and make it more filling. Or lentil dahl is nice (I found a good recipe but it seems to have disappeared off the bbc website and I've not tried any of the others on there). BBC good food is my best friend when it comes to recipes!

Probably shouldn't have read this thread, all your food sounds yummy!!

I'm fasting today so I've had a cup a soup so far, with a protein shake later and a shepherd's pie for tea.

Roll on tomorrow when I will be making a butternut squash and chorizo risotto for my tea!

Here is the recipe http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1139652/lentil-rag

I made a batch and froze it and it is good! Nice and filling and healthy too!

I also make this http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1364/spicy-root-and-lentil-casserole and it is really nice, especially if you like curry and potatoes

I also chuck lentils in vegetable soup to thicken it up and make it more filling. Or lentil dahl is nice (I found a good recipe but it seems to have disappeared off the bbc website and I've not tried any of the others on there). BBC good food is my best friend when it comes to recipes!

thank you very much for the links. Both look nom so have printed out the recipes.

I don't like crab sticks (I can't describe the textrue very well as it has been a while since I tried them but the combination of texture and flavour wasn't something I liked) but I like prawns and calamari and salmon. I like quite a lot of seafood actually but I don't often include them in my meals. I think I should try and eat it a bit more often!

I hate the flabby texture of crab sticks too.

Today's lunch is going to be a jacket spud with leftover bolognaise and cheese!

oh dear lord..i need to start reading before i post..:frown:.. i said originally this not selling them to me :redface:(as i thought you said you liked the flabby taste :redface:)

Ha ha! I had a flatmate who was addicted to them. Scoffed them down like sweeties. But to be fair, she was a bit weird!

I hate the flabby texture of crab sticks too.

Today's lunch is going to be a jacket spud with leftover bolognaise and cheese!

Lol to the flabby texture! We used to eat our own body weight in crab sticks back in the 90's - they used to come round the local pubs selling seafood.

i have never tried crab.. i dont eat that much seafood really.. I like fish but i dont think its the same as seafood. Those crab sticks you see in shops look vile.. what is the texture like? :unsure:

Smooth like a pate. Crab sticks haven't seen crab, I don't touch them.

newrider.com