What weight on a section A.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Just interested on what you think the max weight and height rider should be for the above. There are some old threads on it but interested in your opinions. Pony is fit and healthy.

I often rode a section A I'm 5ft3 and 43kg he seemed fine probably could carry a little more.

Reactions: MrC
I have ridden an old fashioned stocky Section A. She was a child's pony but hadn't been ridden for a while so as the lightest available adult on the day (5'7" and between 9 and 9 and a half stone at the time) I was offered a hack on her. Little monkey pulled and jogged the whole ride. I honestly don't think my weight was a problem for her.

I rode a 'sportier' type welsh Sec A a few years ago, not chunky at all! He didn't seem too mind too much and did lots of buckeroo's and taking off !

Also occasionally ride my friends pony (Welsh Sec A x Shetland) who is around 10h and very chunky. He also doesn't seem to struggle!

I am 7.5 stone and 5'2 :)

My daughters sometimes ride a very naughty quite fine section A. I think they are about the limit at just under 7 stone. A chunkier pony could take much more.

newrider.com