What weight for a welsh section A?

Nookster

Oct 21, 2002
What is the ideal weight for say a 10.3hh welsh section A? I know this can vary dependent on their build and time of year but just looking for a general around about healthy weight please?

Madam is 11"3 and she should be 240

Piggywig is 8"2 and should be around 150kg - so I gues 180-200kg?

This is vased on weight tape though - not wonderfully accurate the smaller they get

Littles, at 10.22hh, is a bit of everything but I think there is a good dose of sec a in there. He's been consistently taping at 223kgs for months now and is spot on for condition. That's what I do, condition score him and then use the tape to monitor small changes every week.

When I got him of long term loan I was told to worm him based on him being 250kgs though but I don't know how much he weighs as I've never weighed him.

Thanks very much guys for the info - much appreciated.:wavespin:

Good to hear other similar heights and their weights.

My boy is sitting also at 223kg on the tape - very paranoid about getting his weight right esp at this time of year. I can feel ribs but he just looks fat so gets me worried.

Thanks very much guys for the info - much appreciated.:wavespin:

Good to hear other similar heights and their weights.

My boy is sitting also at 223kg on the tape - very paranoid about getting his weight right esp at this time of year. I can feel ribs but he just looks fat so gets me worried.

winter coats have a lot to answer for on the smaller natives too i think, Piccolo isn't in a proper summer coat yet, just her mid season coat so looks fat but like yours, can feel ribs.

newrider.com