What treatment?

juliecwuk

Mar 2, 2006
Wolverhampton
Sooooo...i have done a post in Therapies but its so quiet in there i thought id post here too!

Thinking of having Rosies back checked...i kinda think it could be her pelvis being out again causing some of the recent lameness issues as that happened last year.

What treatment methods do you prefer and why?

I have had her seen by a McTimoney person last year, and i wasnt too impressed (think it was the ladies personality/attitude rather than the method). Was debating trying someone different this time, either same method or different:

McTimoney
Osteopath
Chiropractor

any others i should consider?

My friend had Bowen treatment on her horse and felt it was a total waste of time/money (in her opinion obviously!). My friend does come to do Shiatsu on Rosie, but i think i need her Pelvis realigned first (if it is out!)

would like to hear your opinions?

I use a Mctimoney chiropractor who is a qualified in Sports Massage and Equine Touch. She is a really good friend of mine and i trust her 100% she uses whichever therapy she thinks my horses need.

Could you try and find someone similar that is recommended. :) what area are you?

Frankies had a few McT treatments which were good.

We've also had a few equine muscle release therapy sessions (like Bowen) which also seem to have helped as he has some tightness behind the saddle area.

ended up having the Mctimoney Chiropractor who attends the yard. She discovered Rosies pelvis was definitely dropped and twisted, but shes convinced its not causing the lameness, but is a result of the lameness. She agrees that the lameness seems to originate from the fetlock area :(

i did attempt to organise for a chiro or osteopath but couldnt seem to find anyone local, once you added mileage charge onto the others it was just a bit too expensive!

I am going to have Rosie Infrared scanned to pinpoint the joint thats causing the grief.

Thanks!

newrider.com