PinkCoco

Babex
Oct 23, 2007
South West England
Weatherbeeta Orican

Or The

Weatherbeeta Original Freestyle?

Like quality wise, any problems, etct etc

Have just been payed and am liking both of them ... ;)

Or any others that are you like ??

Original Freestyle contradicts itself.

The original is the side leg gussets and the freestyle has the front leg pleats and shoulder cups. I have to have the freestyle for my wide, low chested chap else it drags back on top of his withers. i like the Orican but i got the Arion last year, slightly stronger denier outer and the clip front fastenings

Haven't tried either - Weatherbeeta's tend to look like miniskirts on my horse!

If you've got the cash to spare, Fals are fantastic rugs, I quite like Premier rugs too - a little easier on the bank balance!! :eek:

it depends on the horse, i find the front gussets with shoulder cups rub so i prefer the shoulder gussets to be on the side.

I have the Landa Freestyle and no problems so far :) Not rubbing and the pony seems happy in it!

I have just bought an orican..Its a lovely fit for Kai who I struggle with sometimes as hes very wide chested, stumpy bodied. Its a 6'3 and fits like a glove, probabley one of the nicest fitting ones to date... He has had it on a few times when weve had frosts overnight, and its never slipped either. 10/10 from me

I can't rate WB orican (and the whole freestyle range) highly enough - for my horses.
Stormin has his orican on his back as we speak. Never slips, never rubs.

It's true, the freestyle rugs are pretty deep and with the HUGE tail flap, but I have landa, orican and taka on Stormin and a landa for Zsaïm (he's still growing and doesn't want rugs anyway so his is just in case ;) )

Will depend on your horse's build, and a bit of pot luck too (unless you can borrow a rug to try on).
I think they're well worth the investment though :D

newrider.com