what made you feel happy today?!

Sofi P

Jan 2, 2008
Solihull
I had a good day at work today so was already in a good mood when I got to the farm despite nasty motorway traffic...

then I was overjoyed when I found the sugerbeet I'd put on the soak last night was just the perfect consistancy.

Sounds so simple but I'm not very good at measuring it out so sometimes it ends up too thick or too watery! Totally made my day!

So go on, what made you feel great today?!

I had a lovely lesson today, just did some really basic exercises but tweaked my position enough to get some gorgeous work out of Puzzle! really made me grin :)

I had the dayy off work
The sun was out and it was fairly warm
I spent lots of time with my pony
I've eaten loads of really nice food
Went for a long bike ride
And I have tomorrow off too

Yay has been a super good day :):):):):)

my india long reined for the first time today, without to much of a fuss, then after we had finished and she was back in the field instead of going to see her friends just as i went to get in the car she stood at the fence whinnying at me and when i went to say bye she rested her head on my shoulder and just stayed there for 5 mins nuzzeling in, can honestly say it made my day and brought a little tear, such a tender moment, especially from her!

Picking up my DD from school . . . she was glad to see me (and she always tells me she loves me when she leaves the car in the morning) . . . the reaction from my dogs when I got home . . . bouncy, annoying, boisterous . . . but heartwarming. The hug I got from my husband when I walked through the door . . . bliss.

Any of that count?

I haven't had a very good day :(

I had an injection today in which i had to experience the whole "okay i haven't been lying down for long enough, sitting up on a chair isn't a good idea... i'm going to faint and throw up" *cue me diving back onto the floor :eek:* then had parents evening at college, had an AWFUL day yesterday as had an argument with my mum and left the house and didn't go home. (note* walking on a dual carriageway in the dark at 7.30pm by yourself when it's raining is quite cold) So had the whole confrontation thing with her when i came home this evening. Didn't see my horse as her owner did her today, and now my injection has made me really poorly, don't know if i should be worried? :eek: But anyway, apart from that - got to see my friends which is a plus :D anddd can't really think of anything else!

Usually have lots to be happy about! however my cat and dog always cheer me up, they are so beautiful :) Sorry to put a downer on this thread!!

I'll smile to justify my post :) :) :)

Last edited:
three things made me happy today; Getting off work early to go to the dentist, getting kisses from toby and kezzie being a very good boy for having his feet trimmed.

Earlier on today I thought I was having a good day. I didn't go and see Mac, instead went out for lunch and then shopping for Christmas presents and other bits and pieces. For once I found everything I wanted which is very unusual for me and was feeling pleased that my shopping was all done. When I got home decided to have a coffee and a sit down but my mug of coffee threw itself all over the settee ! How can one mug full make such a mess?

I had a good day as I managed to go for a lovely hack on Archie - I had a fall in October and have been having confidence issues since.

Only went out for 30/40 mins but he was such a good boy even when two shetties came racing up to the fence to see who was passing them by:p Archie thought that they were going to eat him and pulled himself up to 17.2 and puffed himself out! (he's 14.2;) just dont tell him)

Our haylage is rubbish, I had our contractor bring me some nice hay today, he had a look and said 'Don't worry, I'll take it all away and swap it for nice hay' :) He's dong it on saturday:) I use at least 2 big round bales a week during the winter, 20 little ones, so a great relief for me. We had so many goldfinches on our nyjer seeds, beautiful little birds. A fabulous buzzard parked itself in a nearby tree. Swans came up 4 times today ... lovely to see them but they ate 19 loaves of bread and 10 kilos of corn last week .. luckily the bread was reduced to 31p. All in all a happy day. Lots more but you'd be bored.

Seeing the Horses and all the Rabbits in the Field.

Then seeing a HUGE hawk hovering. I love seeing all the Wildlife at
the field.

Not long after moving to this Yard and before I got Egbert so Sioned
was there on her own, I came round the corner of the stable and
saw Sioned 'running' with what I initially thought was a Horse, it was
a Beautiful STAG and they were running side by side down the field, now THAT really made my day:)

newrider.com