What Mac does when loose in the school

MAC66

Jun 18, 2009
Kent
Absolutely nothing.

We have no turn out at the moment because the fields are all so wet so I have to make sure Mac comes out of his stable at least once a day, sometimes twice.
He was in the horsewalker this morning so this afternoon I thought I would turn him loose in the school so he could have a run round but nothing happened. I tried to chase him round but it was too much effort on my part and anyway I thought it would encourage him to run off when something came up behind when being ridden. All he would do was come back to me so I took the opportunity to get him to follow me round the school and over some poles. His mind wasn't entirely on me as kept stopping to sniff the ground but it was an improvement as I've never got him to follow me before. At least he had a change of scenery and a bit of fresh grass while he was out.

Here are some photos of us busy doing nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 31
All I know is that he came over from Ireland. The dealer I bought him from got her horses from Ireland and never knew their history. At a dressage show I saw a lady watching his classes and she asked me what his breeding was. She bred Shires and said she was fairly certain he was part Shire so that's what I tend to say now. Whatever his parents were, they must have been something fairly big.

Tee Hee! mine are a lazy lot too.

Sorry to here your pasture is so wet

Ours is not to bad although most of the horses are in now at night. Mine are usually out this time of year. I am getting fed up of mucking out.....Roll on summer:smile:

Never seen so much water in Kent.

What a lovely boy! He looks in fine fettle too, nice and shiny and in good order generally.
Know what you mean about him not doing much in the school - our Chloe sometimes tries to come back in and doesn't do a lot.

OOh, I want to come and brush his shiny coat. He's gorgeous and he has a lovely kind and intelligent expression too.

Thank you for your compliments - much appreciated.

How is this for shiny - these were taken a long time ago when he was quite young but still goes like this in the summer.

Attachments

• 100_0451.jpg
    100_0451.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0453.jpg
    100_0453.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 9
newrider.com