What lip balm/treatment?

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I have the Norwegian Formula one at the moment but my lips are still peeling and cracking/splitting, any reccomendations for something you don't have to put on every 5 mins? I used to use little tubs of udder balm but have only seen huge ones recently and they don't fit in my pocket so well :p

Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream. I believe they've finally brought out a lip balm but I've not seen it yet. The cream works wonders. I also apply as often as I can Avon cocoa face butter and lip butter last thing at night.

Blisteze - if your lips are really sore,cracked and dry you can't go wrong with this stuff.
http://www.boots.com/en/Blistex-Rel...ots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Health+and+Pharmacy
It would appear to be called blistex now but it is very good. I use the Norwegian stuff day to day and this if they get really bad, be warned though it stings like holy hell for a few seconds if your lips are really sore, I use it on my nose if it's raw from a cold too!

Reactions: Jessey
Elizabeth Arden 8 hr cream. They do a lipstick style one now (currently sitting next to me), but I still prefer the original formula.

Cheaper, but just as good, option is papaw ointment.

Please try them, they really are amazing. Got me through 6 months on roaccutane without much fuss.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
I use Blistex tinted lipbalm, but to be fair - my lips aren't that chapped & I prefer the tint to wearing lipstick or lipgloss day to day. If they need a little extra TLC I love Burtie Bees lipbalm. Or to be fair, Aloe Vera Vaseline is good too.

It sounds gross, but I found it really helpful to exfoliate your lips with an old toothbrush to get rid of the dead skin there & then apply plenty of lipbalm.

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
I use Blistex tinted lipbalm, but to be fair - my lips aren't that chapped & I prefer the tint to wearing lipstick or lipgloss day to day. If they need a little extra TLC I love Burtie Bees lipbalm. Or to be fair, Aloe Vera Vaseline is good too.

It sounds gross, but I found it really helpful to exfoliate your lips with an old toothbrush to get rid of the dead skin there & then apply plenty of lipbalm.

That's an excellent tip about the tooth brush. An dry towel also works.

I use burts bees lip balm. A few different ones but the peppermint one is best. Their hand creams are excellent too.,

newrider.com