What is your favorite winter food/drink comforter

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
I like a good stew and dumplings:smile:

During the day I like to take a thermos to the stables with drinking chocolate.

I also often sneak down to the local garage and buy a Wispa Gold and a Tchibo coffee (Latte)

Or is it 'Tchebo'

Last edited:
I love a nice stew and dumplings as well, I like mushroom and sweet potato with sage dumplings. Seriously Yum, and a good veggie curry or chilli, and traditional heavy fulsome puddings of any description, with custard.

Lets face it there has to be some compensation for winter.

Stew and dumplings would be my fav for a dinner.

I'm still really into my porridge and having it every morning for breakie. On the way back from the yard I was trying to work out what I fancied after doing a 2 hour ride in the cold. I was thinking I'd get some fast food but soon realised what I really fancied was another bowl of hot sweet porridge!

Braising steak with courgette, carrot, onion, potatoes, celery and broccoli - served with a nice cold glass of Fosters. Mmmmmm.

After mucking out I like bacon and eggs with all the trimmings:eek: especially on Sunday mornings.

I like a wee drop of Baileys before riding on cold mornings. Not to much just a drop to warm the cockles:giggle:

Oh my God, you're all driving me crazy, ALL of the things listed above are making me drool...and yes, definitely hot chocolate drink although I did manage to spill some in my riding hat yesterday which hasn't cleaned up too well so next time I ride my hair will be sticky and smell of chocolate...

Soup - Big vegetable soups that make a main meal.
Skye Gyngell's butternut squash and pearl barley soup (with celery, leek and spinach and fennel seeds to flavour) isnt on line. But am going to make it today.
My other favs are American corn and bean with lots of chile, Russian cabbage soups like Schi or winter borcht. Which you can eat with sour cream. Italian ribolita or minestrone which you can eat with parmesan.

Warm you but are not too fattening.

I'm another soup fan: Butternut squash soup for lunch today. I also love hot spicy soups. Hot and sour red thai-style soup with prawns and pumpkin.
Made with lots of lime and coconut milk. Yummmmmmmm

Tonight it's meatball and tomato casserole.

Hot chocolate when I get home from the stables in the evening to warm me up.

Also love mac & cheese, chilli or a big bowl of pasta with a tomato & creme fresh (sp?) or marscapone sauce. Mmmmmmmm

Oh and that wonderful red lentil soup with Sumac that I posted about last month! That's for dinner tonight, if I can just get started rather than wasting time on here :running::running:

newrider.com