What is the grossest thing....

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
to have fall out of your ear?!
Last night I reached new depths of disgust as a large and very juicy spider crawled out of mine and was then flicked on the floor! I am not scared of spiders or bugs in general but have to admit to emitting a slight girly shriek. Okay a full on squeal!lol well, I know I've dyed my hair black but surely I don't look enough like a witch for spiders to take up residence......
So, what things have been about your person?! I think this creature had hopped on either from the stables last night as it was midgy and I turned the lights off early and did some chores in twilght, or even more worrying it came from the clean jumper which I laid out on my bed......:eek:

Your EAR????? Are you sure? Ewww! I'm not sure anything has ever fallen out of mine... but I have narrow canals anyway....

omg I would scream!! I recently had a painful ear problem and it was disgusting how much gunk was running out !! but a spider !!! ARGGHHH!

Yuk! How did you manage not to feel it going in :eek:? I got bitten by a devil's coach horse beetle once - it latched and I could feel the poison pumping into my bloodstream, but that was only on my finger. Ear would have been a hundred times worse!

Oh my GOD! I have never had anything come out of my ear! Are you sure you didn't dream that?!

Hahahaaa no, I was about to resume hoovering the hallway!lol OH didn't come and rescue me, because in his words "you're always making squeaks!" .............

Yuk! How did you manage not to feel it going in :eek:? I got bitten by a devil's coach horse beetle once - it latched and I could feel the poison pumping into my bloodstream, but that was only on my finger. Ear would have been a hundred times worse!

Ah, now devil's coach horses......splendid creatures but as you say, nasty if bite! I didn't know but I rescued a very large centipiede from the bathroom - it was only when I googled to check something I learnt they can nip!

Hahahaaa no, I was about to resume hoovering the hallway!lol OH didn't come and rescue me, because in his words "you're always making squeaks!" .............
Are you sure it didn't just drop out of your hair though - maybe it had been perching on your head?! Which is still awful but slightly better than hanging out in your ear!

Your EAR????? Are you sure? Ewww! I'm not sure anything has ever fallen out of mine... but I have narrow canals anyway....

Yep definitely came from my ear - tho I doubt if it came from right inside!lol I think the blighter crept in when I was sorting the horses out as I'm always brushing against gates etc where they seem to lurk! It was twiglight when I did my chores too as I turned out the tack room lights etc earlier to detract the midges.

It's quite ironic because since 1986 I've had a morbid fear of the Blackthorn weevil making a nest in my ear. I shall never forget an article in the paper about a poor man who died because one burrowed into his inner tubes. :eek::eek:

I found ticks on myself a few times when I lived in Portugal. That was nice o_O Once on my stomach, once behind my ear, and once on my scalp. The latter appeared in my hairbrush when I brushed it after a shower. Lovely.
Once when I was about 6 or 7 I was getting changed for bed and suddenly exclaimed to my mum "I've got a silver ball in my belly!". Turned out that one of the tiny edible silver balls decorating our Christmas cake had somehow found its way into in my bellybutton! I did of course pluck it out and eat it :D It must have been there for some time too, I think it was about 4 weeks after Christmas...

I found ticks on myself a few times when I lived in Portugal. That was nice o_O Once on my stomach, once behind my ear, and once on my scalp. The latter appeared in my hairbrush when I brushed it after a shower. Lovely.
Once when I was about 6 or 7 I was getting changed for bed and suddenly exclaimed to my mum "I've got a silver ball in my belly!". Turned out that one of the tiny edible silver balls decorating our Christmas cake had somehow found its way into in my bellybutton! I did of course pluck it out and eat it :D It must have been there for some time too, I think it was about 4 weeks after Christmas...

Hahahaaaaaaa what are you like?!:D:D Silver cake decoration ball indeed......:D

The first year I moved up here at work I felt a lump and it turned out to be a big tick.
The company had a clinic on site so thank god I got them to get it out.

I had never even seen a tick before. When they finally go it out ugh how gross!!!

newrider.com