What is the fit of IV rugs and Derby House rugs like?

laceyfreckle

May 27, 2007
Essex/Suffolk
How do IV rugs fit and Derby House rugs fit?

Preferably compared to Amigo's or Weatherbeeta's.

What type of horse/pony do they suit best? How big are the fronts on them? (I find weatherbeeta a bit big at the front but Amigo's are good)

Sorry can't comment on Derby House or Amigo, as i've never had either, but have had both IV and weatherbeeta (as well as saxon) on my chunky small pony so would probably say they are roughly the same. Was really pleased with the quality of the IV for the money.

If it helps I find Masta dreadful on him, they seem much bigger round the neck than the weatherbeeta's.

Sorry can't comment on Derby House or Amigo, as i've never had either, but have had both IV and weatherbeeta (as well as saxon) on my chunky small pony so would probably say they are roughly the same. Was really pleased with the quality of the IV for the money.

If it helps I find Masta dreadful on him, they seem much bigger round the neck than the weatherbeeta's.

Thanks, at the moment I'm finding most rugs apart from Amigo are too big in the neck and slip back, was hoping the IV ones might come up a bit smaller then the Weatherbeetas, never mind. My ponies are small but also seem to be fairly narrow even though they look chunkish.

btw I agree that Masta's are awful!

i found derby house rugs come up small in the neck but fit nicely otherwise

although my new cowprint combo slips to the right

I find Amigo rugs slightly neat fitting especially round the neck. I find the Derby House ones slightly bigger all in. I should probably have bought Arnie a size bigger in an outdoor Amigo:rolleyes:.

Derby House ones are more of a standard fit - much the same as Weatherbeeta but definately slightly bigger in the neck than Amigos.

newrider.com