What happened with Charlie - He's sold!

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
I took the dogs for a walk at 4:30: my buyer and my RI were coming to work with Charlie at 5. I got back at 5:30: I could see them in the field, still working.

I went through and through the will-she-won't-she until buyer turned up at 6 pm and asked -

COULD SHE COME BACK AND HAVE ANOTHER GO!

I nearly died. But she and my RI want to be absolutely certain that Charlie is the right horse for her. They had a great session but both feel they need just one more go to get there. And you know what? I am OK with that. Charlie spent 9 months with his first owner, 20 months with me: I don't want him to have another 18 months in his next home and then move on again, I'd rather he was a forever horse for someone.

Sooooo i'll get back to you again when there is a decision one way or another!

(But honestly, I think she will buy him - I really hope so....)

best to be sure, on both sides, you don't want to take him back once he is gone and they don't want the upset of moving him on. Very positive I would say, let them have as many plays over a week or so to see how it goes as then you will both feel reassured that it is a good move for him.

best to be sure, on both sides, you don't want to take him back once he is gone and they don't want the upset of moving him on. Very positive I would say, let them have as many plays over a week or so to see how it goes as then you will both feel reassured that it is a good move for him.
I'm so happy that you said that @diplomaticandtactful . The next time my RI can come is a week tomorrow (she is moving house) but the buyer would like to come a few times in between and get to know Charlie better. I would love it to be done and dusted, but I can't possibly complain about someone taking time and trouble to get to know my youngster before she takes him on!

Buyer returned today and worked with Charlie. She was very happy about how it went and she wants him! Hurrah. She's just sorting out transport now.

I am so glad that he is going to someone competent, near me, who wants him to be her lifetime horse. Couldn't be better.

newrider.com