What do you wear?

twobob

Oct 18, 2010
Leeds
Ok so I was out with my little man today and it was very wet so I had my long coat on with a vest top underneath and my cowgirl hat.
I was boiling. The temp read at 14 degrees and as I'm quite a warm person anyway I got to wondering how others stay dry but cool??

Yeah I thought about something for runners. But having never run for anything but a bus I wouldn't know where to start looking. :giggle:

i'm with wally on this one!! i hate being too hot when riding! ... which is why we did a 12 mile ride in the (mostly) pouring rain in short sleeves whilst everyone else was sweltering in their macs!

I have a lightweight Jack Murphy coat which is long like a Stockman's one and it's breathable so I wear that. I also have thin, breathable exercise sheets to keep the horses dry but cool. However both my mother and OH say I have ice in my blood because I'm always freezing! I've been walking round in a rugby top, hoody and my Toggi down-filled winter jacket for the last few weeks :giggle:

never run anywhere ever :giggle:...but Scarlet runs when were out so it suits. Sports direct do it so cheap I've just bought flashing arm band and a couple of hi viz tops for £12 :biggrin:

I rode out in the soggy rain yesterday and it wasn't cold just very, very wet!

I have a lightweight waterproof coat and some waterproof chaps, neither have any lining, so I was dry as a bone and not over warm.

I love riding in the rain...everything seems so still and peaceful, and there isn't a soul around :)

I also wear running t shirts and tops and microfibre wick away t shirts under a sweater or fleece.
Being too hot sucks but the wick away materials dont get soggy like cotton.
Even ridden in my running tights. Could do with knee patches tho :tongue:

newrider.com