what do you think of this horsebox?

I would really check what the payload is because it needs to be a lot to take two 16 hh horses and still be legal. If it is drivable on a normal car license it is only a 3.5 tonne maximum. So to take two big horses and tack, people, diesel and water you are going to need something like 1.3 - 1.4 tonne payload.
Most of the newly built ones have a max payload of 1.2 tonne and they are built using light weight materials on the outer.

If you only want to take one horse it would be fine. My friend has one similar and her horse is fine in it.

I would check the weight limit too - I think that they're maybe getting the "takes 2 16.2s" from the fact it's a ifor top - I could be wrong though

A lot of people, dealers, manufacturers and private sellers, use the 'takes two big horses' as a selling point, but most don't legally in terms of weight. They might fit two big horses in but never within the payload if you are taking tack etc.

Mine has a payload of 1.16 tonnes so I can take mine (about 520 kg) and another horse if it is about 500 kg. But I can't take other people, all the tack, water etc.

To me it looks like a tin can but as long as it does the job what does it matter what it looks like,

However I too agree I would double check the load as people even advertise 7.5 ton horseboxes claiming they can take 4 horses when legally they can't.

I owuld want ot know the age of the vehicle and its history, they give no information adn htis would put me off.

What work has it had done, what needs doing and what is likely to be needed done. If they say nothing need doing I would doubt them and walk away.

It looks old and the asking price draws me to thinking its old and being a horsebox I would be more cautious about damage, floor condition etc I mean its your horses safety at risk here.
I would also want to know why they are selling it adn watch their facial response to the question.

Dropping othe eyes, looking down or away, hesitating on the answer or even answering too quick is all signs of being mislead.

Guess I am just over cautious, but you can't be too careful or trusting these days.

I would say that it couldn't carry 2 x 16.2hh as the payload in those conversions doesn't tend to be that much, they're really more for ponies.

You would also want to make sure that it's a diesel engine, you'd be surprised as to how many of these are petrol!

newrider.com