What do you soak your hooves in?

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I'm sure it was someone on here that recommended me a bag to soak hooves in that was alot cheaper than hoof soaking boots. For clean trax/ general use

Can anyone help? Thanks!

I brought a cheap 'dry bag' (I think it's 20l size) which works well, but mostly now just use tie handle food bags and do it on the grass so less likely to rip, but I'd probably dig out the dry bag for cleantrax as it's more expensive and I don't have spare to use if it spills like I do with cheap Milton.

Reactions: MrA
Thank-you so much both of you, that's the one, couldn't remember the name or anything about it, had to throw my previous one away a while back with holes in but remember it working well. Thanks again!

I'm intrigued - how do you soak them in bags? I've always used molli bags for covering poultice, but never for soaking. Tell me!

Bag over hoof then wrap bag round leg above fetlock and tie with twine ;)

Or if you have a pest of a yearling like I do (teaching him with just water nothing in it as he has perfect wee feet ;) ) twine then gaffatape over the top :)

Sorry, being dim here, it's late! So you fill the bag with water or Milton or whatever?

Reactions: MrC
Sorry, being dim here, it's late! So you fill the bag with water or Milton or whatever?

Yes i do then pop it on the leg and tie. However if you have a pony that doesn’t like its feet getting wet then you can wrap the twine round loosely ready to be pulled tighter and pour the solution into the side then the twine will tighten if the pony pulls away :)

newrider.com