What did you get from Aldi then??

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I got a pair of navy and beige breeches. I took a risk and bought the 28" because I've been losing weight and am comfortably in the stretchy 28" Aldi jods now. The risk part is because the breeches aren't stretchy, apart from the leg cuff at the bottom. I managed to peel myself and my tree-trunk legs into them...they're still too tight to be worn comfortably but I can be patient, until Slim Fast works a bit more, but oh my.... because of the no stretch they will be oh so flattering as they'll hold everything in!!

I also bought one of the navy technical tops which is plain on the front but has a lovely flattering pattern on the back. And a couple of pairs of their technical socks, which remind me of my LeMieux ones.

20180408_104232-600x1067.jpg

20180408_105224-600x1067.jpg

Happy Janey.....

Reactions: Prjsmk and Trewsers
I’m a bit cross actually, went to get some jods and the jacket, no jods in store at all! Text my friend to tell her to get back into work and sort it out, she’ll look into it tomorrow but am still annoyed.
Thanks for the heads up domane I normally have the 26 waist but if there’s no stretch I’m going for the 28 assuming they do get some in eventually.
So I just bought the jacket in the end.

Actually I thought the jods were supposed to be 4 way stretch? That’s what it says online at least hmmm

Hmmm.... I couldn't get mine to stretch....or if they do, it is "invisible to the naked eye" :p

Actually, I'm going to check the packaging now....oh yes....it does say 4-way stretch. Must be minimal. Also...the online pic on the website shows the breeches as having leg patches, but they don't have them.

Screenshot_20180408-115356-600x1067.png

Reactions: Prjsmk
image.jpeg I think you are brave @domane wearing smart breeches with little stretch! Lol they look good on you. I am always wanting something comfy so they'd be no good for me, lord only know what size I'd have to squeeze myself into anyway:p
We don't have an aldi near us. But we do have a village fair today and I bought some bits and bobs. Including this little chap. Sorry, totally random reply but just wanted to share:)

Same here, no Aldi within a reasonable distance. I'm a convert to kingsland riding leggings that I get from our local tack shop. Mega comfy, hard wearing, great in the summer but lethal in my event saddle as its got a flat seat and I scoot about all over the place! Does Aldi sell their equestrian stuff online?

Yes @eventerbabe It is available online for about a week before it goes into the shops and if you do order, you get free delivery. I like to have a quick feel before I buy so being first through the door isn't hard for me to plan my life around once or twice a year....especially as I drive right past my local Aldi to get the the yard! :p

Reactions: eventerbabe
View attachment 92544 I think you are brave @domane wearing smart breeches with little stretch! Lol they look good on you. I am always wanting something comfy so they'd be no good for me, lord only know what size I'd have to squeeze myself into anyway:p
We don't have an aldi near us. But we do have a village fair today and I bought some bits and bobs. Including this little chap. Sorry, totally random reply but just wanted to share:)
If you like rabbits, co op has peter rabbit eggs if they have any left. With a little toy rabbit.
Oh assuming they go up your way.

Reactions: Trewsers
I didn't get there and probably won't bother going if they don't have stretchy jods, I am all about being comfortable to ride and work in my jods so not very stretchy breeches would never get worn asI can't bare having a builders bum when I am crouched down doing things :p :D

I got a couple of pairs of Jodhs. I took the 30s as there wasn’t much stretch in the I thought. I’m a 28 in elastic waisted Jodhs so since I value comfort whilst slobbing about the countryside I thought bigger was better hahahahaha

Thankfully, I forgot all about this as OH & I were out shopping for things for our new house. I say thankfully, as I'm supposed to be saving money ...!

I didn't like the look of the material, are they comfy to wear, felt very stiff.

Well our Aldi has the jods tonight so I bought a pair to try, very glad I went up to the 28 though, blimey they come up small! Thanks @domane i would have gone for the 26 if you hadn’t have posted.

Gosh wondering if any would fit me. I am generous in the thigh department.

As for the feel. I believe Aldi is actually stocking Crane. You can buy that off Amazon or ebay and return if no good.

newrider.com