What colour is this boy?

Pink!

Butterscotch Angel Delight?

Ljófaxi is officially Butterscotch Angel Delight colour.

Ow he is lovely.

Blagdon? Blue Roan? Grey Roan? Rose grey with white socks? Not sure.

They often turn white grey, when they get a little older.

It is a real shame when you see so many of these youngsters being sold off in the present climate. I do wish people would not over breed.

TBH I dare not look, otherwise I would end up with a herd and I don't think my husband would be too happy.

A guy near me has around 70 yes 70. He is a big chap, hard as nails. He was in the feed shop, the other day looking like he was about to have a nervous breakdown:frown:

Last edited:
Very nice, looks very short coupled though. Mind you, I am looking on the phone so the pic is small and it might just look worse because he's bum high.

I think he's just grey but greying out quite quickly? I could be wrong and he could be "blue roan" in old money, I don't know what they call that these days (fresh from the realisation we don't say "skewbald" and "piebald" any more!!) - but I don't think it looks like he has a dark enough base layer for that.

Although - I'm guessing he's part Clyde from the leg markings, do they come grey? I know they do roan!

I think he's just grey but greying out quite quickly? I could be wrong and he could be "blue roan" in old money, I don't know what they call that these days (fresh from the realisation we don't say "skewbald" and "piebald" any more!!) - but I don't think it looks like he has a dark enough base layer for that.

Although - I'm guessing he's part Clyde from the leg markings, do they come grey? I know they do roan!

I've not realised we don't use skew bald or piebald any more - rascal is technically blue roan by passport but in reality is a tricoloured who roans...

Don't we say skewbald and piebald any more?! I grew up on the Ruby Ferguson 'Jill's Pony' books and just can't imagine that!

I'm very un PC, I still call them skew/pie etc!

Isn't it all genetics related now and we're supposed to say tobiano, overo etc? I don't profess to know anything about them (I only have brown horses!) but I know a friend with a black and white patchy pony got vaaarrry offended when i called him a piebald...

I'm very un PC, I still call them skew/pie etc!

Isn't it all genetics related now and we're supposed to say tobiano, overo etc? I don't profess to know anything about them (I only have brown horses!) but I know a friend with a black and white patchy pony got vaaarrry offended when i called him a piebald...

:giggle: I call mine Cow Pony!

I've heard a few people referring to black/brown tobiano, although I still call them skewbald and piebald...I'd just end up confusing myself if I call them anything else!

I still call them piebald and skewbald,my yo's friend who breeds and shows coloured tried explaining it to us as they are tobiano etc now,she said its something to do with the markings?not sure tbh I switched off as did not understand,they are piebald and skewbald :D
I would say steel grey but will most likely colour out to grey as he gets older.
I was always told roan had the darker solid colour head too and agree with NF that lots get called roan when they are not true roan.malaika is passported as chestnut roan,she has a few flecks of white in her coat and I mean a few,truth is she is chestnut,plain chestnut.

newrider.com