what classes for honey-nut-loop

posie

Honey's slave...
Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
www.barkscotland.com
ok showing peeps - throw me your best suggestion as to what type of class to take honey in...?? i presume hunter of some type - just local shows i hasten to add and no jumps unless i suddenly find some confidence jumping :eek::rolleyes:

then - what tack/clothes - afraid i only have a black saddle :eek: and can't afford brown too - but i presume for local that will be fine??

DSCN00401-1.jpg

hay i would say ladies hunter poss show hunter, dnt av to jump:) you would need a doubble bridle, or show pelham, tweed jacket beige/stone jods brown gloves an blue hat leather straps an over 16 long boots. b good idea to go watch a class at a big show to get an idea hpe this helps. do u no the breedin. x x:)

hay i would say ladies hunter poss show hunter, dnt av to jump:) you would need a doubble bridle, or show pelham, tweed jacket beige/stone jods brown gloves an blue hat leather straps an over 16 long boots. b good idea to go watch a class at a big show to get an idea hpe this helps. do u no the breedin. x x:)

i only have a black peaked cap with leather straps - will this make a difference in a local show?!
she's ISH - 'breeding unknown' :rolleyes:

so if it's a hunter class i presume i want to have a v plain bridle/noseband/browband? my made to measure browband (not in pic) is double thickness with stitching - is this ok with a plain noseband or shall i get once made that i totally plan?

you could do sports horse classes to, hunter would best to have plain flat brow band:) as for hat blue would look best i attach a pic wen was lot younger i showed working hunter ponies. just ** have long boots hope this helps x

Attachments

• 226369490a1574243711b221796901l.jpg
    226369490a1574243711b221796901l.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 14
How big is she?

I know saddles are a bit expensive, but could you manage a brown leather girth? That'd help, the black one is cutting her in half because of the contrast with her coat. :)

How big is she?

I know saddles are a bit expensive, but could you manage a brown leather girth? That'd help, the black one is cutting her in half because of the contrast with her coat. :)

she's 16hh on her passport... never actually measured her though!

good idea about the girth :) could it be a brown wintec one of the same style? or would leather be better? i can't do elastic ends as she nearly had me off the time i tried one on her :rolleyes:

If she likes the Wintec then stick with a wintec. :)

I'd probably do hunter classes with her - she's on the small side, but if you could pass her off as 15.2 she could be a small hunter - and at local level you might as well do riding horse too, unless you'd rather do equitation type classes, just so you have a bit more to do.

You'll need a tweed jacket, navy hat with leather harness preferably, beige/canary (not banana) breeches and long boots. Depending on the show rules, it would be correct to wear spurs - dummy spurs are fine. You'll want brown gloves and a brown cane, shirt and tie.

You're correct about plain tack for hunter classes (Kincade bridles aren't bad for the money, they do a double), and just stick on a fairly wide but discreet ribboned browband for riding horse - you don't need to change anything else.

I would say

Ridden horse
Riding club horse (jumps in a snaffle is required tho)
Ridden hunter/lightweight
working hunter

Just from the pic lol!!

Nikki xxxx:D

newrider.com